HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   CVA Optima Elite (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/200811-cva-optima-elite.html)

99 jeep 08-06-2007 02:13 AM

CVA Optima Elite

I need all opinions on this gun as im headed to Toronto wed to buy one help is needed.

ncpreacherboy1 08-06-2007 07:11 AM

RE: CVA Optima Elite

i am interested in the same gun. what caliber(s) you looking at?

frontier gander 08-06-2007 07:25 AM

from all the stuff ive seen and read, they are top quality rifles and excellent shooters. I'd like to pick one up too.

99 jeep 08-06-2007 03:03 PM

Eh preacher boy im leaning towards the 300 mag or the 308 but still my 50 cal muzzelloader

SwampTHING 08-06-2007 04:16 PM

jeep you have mail

ncpreacherboy1 08-06-2007 07:33 PM

300 winny is the one that i am looking at also. need one to replace the model 70 winchester i lost a few years back. i just wander is the 26" barrel going to lose alot ballisticallyto the 28" that the t/c prohunter has? a buddy of my father-in-law has one in .270 and swares by it. he also owns several t/c encores and says that the t/c isn't worth the extra $$$$$$$$$

frontier gander 08-06-2007 07:37 PM

A lot of rifles these days are coming with only a 22 or 24" barrel. 26- 28" barrels are getting hard to find on the shelf these days.

Dixon 08-12-2007 07:37 AM

Well, after a day at my friend's farm, I can definitely say that it is a blast (no pun intended) to shoot. It was weird though. We set an old paint can out about 40 yards away, and using the iron sights, we'd shoot and miss (or so we thought). After about 10 shots of "manually" compensating, we approached the paint can - it was riddled with holes. Now, a low hanging tree branch was fed through the handle (not that it made a big difference in steadying it). The only time the can move is if we shot it on the outer edges. With this being the first time I've shot a muzzleloader, I was surprised. Is this normal? I would have expected it go to tumbling away. The entry and exit holes just ripped open, no caving in of the metal.

Cleaning it was a snap. I spent a little extra time on it, but still only worked it for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Have fun when you get yours. I sure did!

99 jeep 08-12-2007 01:00 PM

thanks for the info and i cant wait.

wpmcdaniel 08-15-2007 12:23 PM

I have one of these. I have both the 50 cal. muzzleloader and the .308 barrel for it. I absolutely love the gun. I have the thumbhole stock on my and fell in love with that as well. The thumbhole stock combined with my shooting sticks makes for a pretty steady shot. I'm sure you will enjoy your purchase. The bargera barrels are nice barrels and it is a great gun, especially for the money.