Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka vs. Kimber

Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Tikka vs. Kimber

Have hadaRemington andaWinchester model 70. Neither were very accurate and neither had an action as smooth as my Tikka in 300 win mag. I honestly can't explain why the Tikka is so accurate but amazingly it is. Which in turn makes me more confident in a gun then I have ever been. It really is weird and as you take the gun apart you don't see any reason for it. The stock seams really cheap and yes it has plastic parts. My winchestermodel 70, 300 win mag kicks like hell, but the Tikkawith a synthetic stock kicks about half as hard. Makes no sence.Many people have apparently figured out that Sako has come up with something amazing, sincethey costmuch more than when I bought mine a couple of years ago.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Spike

As mentioned in an earlier thread of mine, I picked up a slightly used T3 lite in 300WSM at Cabelas for about $400. While looking for a lite mountain rifle,I love the Kimber, but not the price. The T3 was accurate at the range, but is having a difficult time chambering shells, especially reloads. Seems like there is a tolerance issue in the chamber. Cabelas sent it to their gunsmith, waiting to hear back from them... I am assuming that it is a fluke, as I have not seen any other complaints on the T3.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the price and beat most rifles for even many hundred dollars more, I'd choose the Tikka. Excellent out of the box accuracy with the stiff, floating barrel as the Sako.
Very strong smooth action.
I get such a kick out those who want to talk about the "plastic trigger guard or magazine". BTW synthetic composites have been around long enough you really need to start calling it by the right name.
There are many very fine quality firearms (e.g. Glock, Springfield Armory, Benelli, Beretta, Sako, Remington, etc.) that have multiple models of handgun, rifles and/or shotguns that have parts and stocks made from these extremely tough wear resistant synethics that'll last a lifetime.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:48 PM

i haven't shot a kimber, but i have shot and own a tikka t3lite in 25-06 that shoots lights out accurate. i don't think you can go wrong with either one, but if you got the tikka you would have about 400 bucks left over for some good glass to put ontop of it.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:06 PM

Have a Tikka T3 lite in .270 wsm and it's the shizzzzle.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

As said before, get the Tikka andput the 400 to 500 dollars you save on a good scope.

I get such a kick out those who want to talk about the "plastic trigger guard or magazine". BTW synthetic composites have been around long enough you really need to start calling it by the right name.
LOL, good point. They are building airplanes out of synthetic composite materials but gosh darn it they still just aren't tough enough to serve as a trigger guard. If you drop your rifle on a hunt you are just as likely to damage your scope as you are the trigger guardon a Tikka.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

As said before, get the Tikka andput the 400 to 500 dollars you save on a good scope.

LOL, good point. They are building airplanes out of synthetic composite materials but gosh darn it they still just aren't tough enough to serve as a trigger guard. If you drop your rifle on a hunt you are just as likely to damage your scope as you are the trigger guardon a Tikka.
I've never heard of anyone break a trigger guard on a Tikka or any other rifle for that matter. It's a total red herring.

Synthetics can and are engineered to be as strong and in some cases stronger than steel. You've heard of "Kevlar" right?!
I see many models of top quality shotguns with synethic trigger guards (e.g Benelli M2, Super Black Eagle II) are you telling me these are top of the line shotguns.

Tikka T3 s with their cold rolled stiff Sako free floating barrels, unique barrel to stock mounting system, solid smooth action, smooth crisp breaking adjustable trigger, crowned barrel end, solid rings mountings and other features are top of the line and together enable sub 1" groups at 100 yds out of the box on every Tikka T3 shipped.

I've got 2 that have shot deer and Elk out to 300 yards with a quality scope on them. They are one of the best and most accurate rifles out of the box without question. I can't help some peoplecan'tor refuse to acceptthe truth. It's their loss.

The gun store Manager I've bought mine from said that since the T3s have been introduced, they've sold more or them than any other firearm (i.e. rifle, shotgun or handgun) and they are one of the biggest firearms dealing in the southern 1/3 of our state. I've described just a few of the reasons why.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Spike

I handked a T3 with the grey laminate stock this weekend and was quite impressed. Not sure what the weigth difference is between the laminate and the synthetic, but the laminate sure feels and looks nice. I think it's about 80-100 more than the synthetic, but it might be a nice compromise compared to the Kimber...
Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

T3 Laminated SS is 7 3/4 lbs.
T3 Lite (synthetic) SS is between 6 lb 3 oz - 6 lb. 6 oz.
T3 Hunter (walnut blued) is between 6 lb 10 oz. - 7 3/4 lb.

http://www.berettausa.com/product/rifles/series_page.cfm?currentseries=29
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

kimber

Quick Reply: Tikka vs. Kimber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.