Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 browning A5 12 auto light >

browning A5 12 auto light

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

browning A5 12 auto light

Old 06-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: browning A5 12 auto light

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: A5Mag12

Man, A5's are getting more and more expensive and desired by collectors. I suggest getting you a good remington 1187 with a screw in choke and put your A5 away if its in good condition.
An A-5 is a lifetime gun. Shoot it and pass it on down the line. If all you are going to do is look at it every once in a while you might as well melt it down.
Dude, don't talk to me, if you have something to say, answer the mans question.
I answered the mans question as well as counter some stupid advice.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:43 PM
bigcountry

Man, A5's are getting more and more expensive and desired by collectors. I suggest getting you a good remington 1187 with a screw in choke and put your A5 away if its in good condition.
An A-5 is a lifetime gun. Shoot it and pass it on down the line. If all you are going to do is look at it every once in a while you might as well melt it down.
Dude, don't talk to me, if you have something to say, answer the mans question.
I answered the mans question as well as counter some stupid advice.
But I don't ask for your advise. Its not wanted or welcome. It makes very little difference in the big scheme of things. I partially agree with you, but on the other hand, people like to collect things. Poeple drive different cars, live in different color houses, do different jobs, cause they like different things. Just because you want to do something a certain way sure doesn't mean its the only way or the best way. I do shoot A5's, but know they can be a good investment also. Who knows the poster may not be aware of how A5's can be a good investment. Maybe he does. But I have the better of 1/2 doz shotguns that I shoot quite a bit. I see you post mostly stupid things, but its none of my business that your not the sharpest tack in the box.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

You a real funny boy.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

And any index fund is a far better investment than A-5's. I have over a dozen of them spanning 90 years of production and they all get shot, and yes they are worth a pile but shooting forever is what they were built for.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:30 PM
bigcountry

And any index fund is a far better investment than A-5's. I have over a dozen of them spanning 90 years of production and they all get shot, and yes they are worth a pile but shooting forever is what they were built for.
I collect and trade them too. They have thier shortcomings like any gun. Like splitting the forarms. Lifetime gun? Not sure about that. I have owned a few that were much needed of repair.

It sounds like your not much of a shooter, so it would probably last a little boy like you for a lifetime.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigcountryIt sounds like your not much of a shooter, so it would probably last a little boy like you for a lifetime.
Jeeze you are a true jerk arn't you? With over ten thousand post's it's easy to see where you spend plenty of time with a gun in your hands. Unless you are a competitive shooter I probably average more in a week than you do in a year.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:47 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: bigcountryIt sounds like your not much of a shooter, so it would probably last a little boy like you for a lifetime.
Jeeze you are a true jerk arn't you? With over ten thousand post's it's easy to see where you spend plenty of time with a gun in your hands. Unless you are a competitive shooter I probably average more in a week than you do in a year.
Is that when you get home from grade school. Or are you a dropout?

Keep on dreamin boy.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:58 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: thunter4558

I just purchased the gun and was wondering if any body had his gun and what is good buck shoot to use. 28 inch barrel no vent rib
thunter, sorry to hijack your thread. But to your original question. I have tried 00 remington and federal in a light before without vent rib but mine was 30" full choke and did not pattern well. I find with my shotguns that have screw in choke that modified or at most IM usually patterns best at 40 yards.

I am not sure what choke your barrel is. Plenty of aftermarket barrels out there.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

There is very few after market barrels for the A-5. Hastings no longer makes A-5 barrels and the few that you do find are getting close to $400.00 for them and most screw in choke barrels factory or otherwise that show up on auction sites are topping that on a regular basis.

The gun in question has a good 70% chance of being full but mod is possible and every once in a while you will see something more open.

thunter4558 PM sent.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

You just have to love the block feature.

Quick Reply: browning A5 12 auto light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.