HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Stoeger Model 2000? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/191111-stoeger-model-2000-a.html)

MossyOak722 05-10-2007 06:42 PM

Stoeger Model 2000?

Anyone ever shot one or heard much about the gun or the brand? Its a 12 gauge semi-auto. hold 2-3/4" and 3"...Thanks guys

outdoorslover 05-10-2007 09:05 PM

RE: Stoeger Model 2000?

I have one. It has downed more things than I can remember and has served well. It has pissed me off a few times, jamming up on easy shots, but for the most part it has been very reliable. I recommed this gun and hold it in high esteem.

If I were you, I would try and get a used Browning or Remington instead though. They seem to be so much better made and probably hold their value better.

Whichever you go with, you should be happy.

Bugeaters 05-18-2007 08:04 PM

i own one i haven't had it jam on me. there is a possibility of it jamming on light loads (not enough recoil to fully eject the spent shell) ii is made in turkey by benelli.

outdoorslover 05-23-2007 04:15 PM

You must not have shot it much, because all guns will jam eventually. Most of the jams were with #5 shot 3inchers so that is not the answer.

I am not saying it's a bad gun, cause it's definetely not, but I'm saying there are better ones.

rsbcon 05-25-2007 09:39 PM

I have one. Its a great gun. I use to shoot a super black eagle,now I just shoot the stoger. I have yet to have mine jam,but there is always a possiblity of it doing so. My sbe would jam on light loads. I would buy it over the sbe. I killed around 80 ducks,16 geese, 50 doves,and 1 turkey last year with it, no problems.It has the same bolt as the sbe, and the inetria system like berretta.

younggun308 05-26-2007 07:34 AM

It's good from what I hear, but look at it this way, you're getting an auto-loader for the price of a pump, and it still has good reviews.

SwampCollie 05-28-2007 06:18 AM

They are great guns for the money. The only bargan price semi auto I would recommend on the NEW market.

I have a good friend in the Dakotas that bought one so he could save money because he kills so many ducks and geese every year that his ammo bill is dang near as much as a new SBEII.

Only time I have seen one jam up is with light reloads where the crimp had come un-crimped and rolled just a bit. Hung up on reloading by not pushing the shell all the way into battery.

outdoorslover 05-28-2007 03:54 PM

When mine would jam it would simply let two shells out at one time instead of one which just screwed everything up. Maybe it was the magazine that was the problem, I don't know....

My friend has a Stoeger Condor which has had some serious issues with the safety(it won't go off and won't switch barrels). You may get lucky and get an extremely good Stoeger or get a marginal gun with some problems. Just see how the cards fall....

duckdog132 06-03-2007 09:00 AM

i bought one two years ago and love it. i have had it jam but i have had my bennili and berretta jam as well. its gonna happen.

Rammer 06-03-2007 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

They are great guns for the money. The only bargan price semi auto I would recommend on the NEW market.

I have a good friend in the Dakotas that bought one so he could save money because he kills so many ducks and geese every year that his ammo bill is dang near as much as a new SBEII.

Only time I have seen one jam up is with light reloads where the crimp had come un-crimped and rolled just a bit. Hung up on reloading by not pushing the shell all the way into battery.
That good friend of yours wouldn't go by the name of Aaron would he?