HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Remington 700 XCR (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/190716-remington-700-xcr.html)

Hunting the North 05-07-2007 05:20 AM

Remington 700 XCR

Does anyone own one of these? If so, let me know how you like it.

JFergus7 05-07-2007 10:48 PM

RE: Remington 700 XCR

I have looked at a few different stores and none by me carry them. They all tell me that they can special order one but I have to pay for it first and I was really hoping to check it out before purchasing it based on a picture.

younggun308 05-08-2007 10:26 AM

A friend of mine has one, and the stock ain't any good, save your money, get an SPS, it's got that nice, sleek look.

Garminator 05-21-2007 08:11 AM

I agree. I think the SPS is awesome for the money...I think that Remington made that XCR out to be something that it's not. I'd buy a SAKO before I spent money on that...IMO.

jerseyjoe 05-21-2007 02:07 PM

and the stock ain't any good
What is wrong with the stock?

I have 2 XCR's..300 wsm and 375H&H

The .300 was used to hunt Dalls sheep in the Brooks Range in Alaska. Only complaint I had was where the camo finish scratched off the stock. This was my fault due to how I strapped it on the pack.

The 375 will be used this year on the Alaskan Peninsula for Brown Bear.. Need I say more? I've used them and abused them. I'm counting on it to take down a bear.

bigbulls 05-21-2007 05:20 PM

Nothing. He's talking out of his butt. ;) Ifhe likesthe SPS stock thenhe should like the XCR stock since they are the same thing with rubber grips added to it. Same "sleek look".

The added expense to the XCR is because they are stainless steel to begin withthen nickle plated and then coated in another anti corossion chemical/ process. If you can get an XCR to rust (except for the bore)then you are really abusing your firearm.

Mr. Longbeard 05-21-2007 06:58 PM

I have one in 300 Win Mag and it shoots pretty good(1MOA) with reloads... The stock is pretty flimsy in the forend... I fixed the prob with some bondo to reenforce the forend... And glass bedding

White-tail-deer 05-21-2007 08:01 PM

I have two of them and like them both, .270 & .300 WSM. After a day in the field just wipe them down and they look good as new. I have no problem with the stock's looks or function. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Both rifles shoot well at the range.

Doe Dumper 05-21-2007 08:22 PM

If it is the same gun as the SPS its gotta be nice because I really like mine. Very nice gun for the money.

Hunting the North 05-21-2007 08:27 PM

I actually have one in .30-06 which I purchased about two months ago. I really like it and it is very accurate. I was just wondering what other owners thought about theirs. In regards to the stock. I have the black synthetic with the gray grips. I fell in love with the looks and the feel of it.With thestockLimbsaver pad and the rubberhand grips,it is verysoft to hold. I mounted a 3-9x 40mm Zeiss Conquest on Leopold double dovetail rings and bases. It's a real nice set-up.