Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Taurus 9mm

Old 05-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Taurus 9mm

I am curious if any of you own this gun? I have been looking around for a more inexpensive 9mm to use at the range for target practice and purchased it lastnight. I have to wait the 72 hours until I can pick it up but curious your thoughts.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Taurus 9mm

Nope. The Taurus shooters I know use snubs. Let us know if it feeds for you. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Taurus makes a good gun. If anything goes wrong with em, they'll back it up 100%.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will find out monday night and let you know.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had several of the Bretta style, The older ones. I have not tried the newer ones. I have had many revolvers with only one problem gun which is now back at Taurus for repairs.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which model? I had one of the Milleniums in 9mm and I didn't care for it at all. Trigger was terrible and it didn't fit my hand well. Shot a few model 92s and they were ok for the price.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:10 PM

i have the pt45 taurus and i love it (45cal) so i think you will probably like your 9 milli
Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I picked up my new Taurus today and I definetly wasn't disappointed. I was able to get to the range for about 45 minutes tonight after work. I have shot the Beretta 9mm and I really couldn't tell the difference. The feel and weight are the same and my new Taurus has a real nice trigger on it. I am definetly happy with my purchase. Thanks for all the comments!
Old 05-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Jim,
You're supposed to ask for advice before you buy a gun.
What model did you get?

I didn't see this until today. I hope it serves you well.

I had a PT99 Beretta look-a-like with adjustable sights for about 2 years.
One of my first guns, and a good learning experience.
I could shoot it OK, but I didn't really care for the trigger all that much. Kinda squishy.I also didn't like the adjustable sights because, unlike all others I've seen, the rear sight floated and could tilt whenever it wasn't set all the way to its most downward posistion tight against the slide. Hit it on something, and it might break off.

The safety was also a big concern of mine. If you move the lever too far downward while going from on-safe to off-safe, you can go too far and end up putting the gun in decock mode without knowing it. Pulling the trigger with the safety being held downward, even a little bit, will cause the gun to go click instead of bang when you pull the trigger.

I had bought the PT99 asdefensive gun, but it got retired from that role when I saw how the safety and sights were. Plinked with it for a while, and then sold it to somebody who liked it better than I did.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

I bought my wifea 24/7 Pro-9BP-179mm after she fell in love with the way it felt in her hand and the smoothness of operating the slide. So far she has well 1K rounds, facotry and reloads,thru it and it has yet to have any type of failure or malfunction. Eventhough it holds 17 rounds it is still small enough in the grip to be comfortable for small hands. She can shoot it better than I can. I would definately recommend this handgun to anyone who wants a no frills (eventhough it has an accessory rail on the frame under the slide), inexpensive, and reliablehandgun. This handgun is also available in 45ACP and 40 S&W.

Quick Reply: Taurus 9mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.