Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Who can make a T/C shoot? >

Who can make a T/C shoot?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Who can make a T/C shoot?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who can make a T/C shoot?

I just got a Pro Hunter barrel in 7mm-08 a few weeks back. Yesterday I got a chance to go drive around and do some banging with it, I was having no problem dusting jackrabbits out to 305 yards with it. I think a 204 might be my next barrel as well.

Mine also printed a real nice group with the first load I tried in it.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Hope no-one takes this wroung, But the one that I had sure didnt shoot.

It killed a nice Bull Elk but he was at 23 yards (kind of hard to miss).I had the SS 7mm Rem Mag.
I never did try to accur. the thing. That would of prob. helped, but by that point I had allready given up on it and sold it after my hunt.

I hope that you have betteer luck with yours.

hunter338
Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunter338

Hope no-one takes this wroung, But the one that I had sure didnt shoot.

It killed a nice Bull Elk but he was at 23 yards (kind of hard to miss).I had the SS 7mm Rem Mag.
I never did try to accur. the thing. That would of prob. helped, but by that point I had allready given up on it and sold it after my hunt.

I hope that you have betteer luck with yours.

hunter338
The only thing that I may be taking wrong is why you would take an "inaccurate" rifle on an elk hunt (or any hunt for that matter)?!?!?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:06 PM

Don't know, I wasn't asking about inaccurate rifles..
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I was getting 3" groups at 100 yards. I dont consider that to be very accurate. Dont know if you do, but at the time I had 2 rifles in the shop and that was all that I had. NM=DRAW HUNT = DONT WANT TO LOOSE TAG!

I limited my shot to 100 yards so lets not go there, and secound like someone else said in this post. I would go with a bolt gun. Not trying to piss on your parade or anything else.

Just disregard my prev. post.

hunter338
Old 05-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunter338

I was getting 3" groups at 100 yards. I dont consider that to be very accurate. Dont know if you do, but at the time I had 2 rifles in the shop and that was all that I had. NM=DRAW HUNT = DONT WANT TO LOOSE TAG!

I limited my shot to 100 yards so lets not go there, and secound like someone else said in this post. I would go with a bolt gun. Not trying to piss on your parade or anything else.

Just disregard my prev. post.

hunter338
hunter338

You are not pissing any parade of mine. I own 3 Encores, but I SHOOT my leverguns and boltguns much more. I was just curious. A rifle that won't do any better than 3" at 100 would not stay in my safe either. I have not found many "factory" barrels that would shoot (and I have owned SEVERAL). If you wanted to try an Encore again, I have found "custom shop" barrels to be very accurate, but for the price, a boltguns is a better "investment".IMO
Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

I own a Pro Hunter and a Standard Issue Frame. Love them both. Have 223 Rem, 270 Win, 460 S&W, and .50calML barrels. As for the accuracy, T/C has always stood behind there products. The Pro Hunter barrels have an accuracy standard. If it doesnt shoot they'll fix or replace it.

"Pro Hunter’s™ stainless steel 18" barrel delivers the highest muzzle velocity available while the precision fluting helps to strengthen the barrel, dissipate heat and balance the rifle for natural handling. T/C employs the latest CNC technology to machine both the target crown and the chamber on every Pro Hunter™ barrel. To assure the ultimate in accuracy every Pro Hunter™ barrel is machine shot at 100 yards by a Master Gunmaker."

Old 05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Silver_Wolf

I own a Pro Hunter and a Standard Issue Frame. Love them both. Have 223 Rem, 270 Win, 460 S&W, and .50calML barrels. As for the accuracy, T/C has always stood behind there products. The Pro Hunter barrels have an accuracy standard. If it doesnt shoot they'll fix or replace it.

"Pro Hunter’s™ stainless steel 18" barrel delivers the highest muzzle velocity available while the precision fluting helps to strengthen the barrel, dissipate heat and balance the rifle for natural handling. T/C employs the latest CNC technology to machine both the target crown and the chamber on every Pro Hunter™ barrel. To assure the ultimate in accuracy every Pro Hunter™ barrel is machine shot at 100 yards by a Master Gunmaker."
Holy cow man, you are advertisers dream.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Yeah, thanks for that Silver Wolf.

I'm getting the itch to get a new rifle & I'll soon be in the TX panhandle for 3 months. I'm hoping to make some friends up there to toast some 'dogs. I haven't decided on this T/C rifle yet. We'll see -- Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 PM

check out the cva elite, $175 for optional barrels, lifetime warranty, barrels are built with a known custom rifle makers name. I'll be buying one hopefully this month or the next. I want a 45-70 as my new deer/elk rifle.