Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Tikka T3 Lite opinions please >

Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

This caliber stuff is great, thanks!
Where I live we can not use bigger than a 270, without having to go north. My thoughts are that if I can keep within the legal caliber here for yotes and still have a decent deer gun should I decide head up north a bit.
The 25/06 is starting to sound good. I live deep in the country so noise isn't a huge issue, but I think if I can keep it as quiet as I can I will enjoy it more. Noise suppression is not on the top of my list for needs though.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anything the .243 will do the .2506 will equal and/or better. IMHO it is a better cross over where deer are your primary target andespecially if theyare of a larger subspecies(stature). Noise difference can't it's enough for my eardrums to tell.

All this said if you'll be buying over the counter ammo you should do some checking locally to see whats available for your use. While the 2506rem is gaining followers the .243 is still more popular in this department. If reloading is in it's future - fo get bout it and enjoy the 2506.

As far as the T3 I really like it in the small/ some med cartridges. In fact had the LH T3 SS/2506remnot come with22.5" pipeI would have one primed and ready right now[&o]. Being a reloaderand what Iwant the rifle for I'd like to take advantage of the overbore nature of thecartridge with a longer barrel - 24" min but prefer it to be 26" in a perfect world. 22.5" barrels are common for production rifles and the likes of this cartridge...such is life
Old 04-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Reloading is the furthest thing from my mind, However, I said that about my arrows too,2 days later I couldn't imagine shooting anything else but one I made.
I have spent the last day and a half looking into the 25/06, sure sounds like a versatile caliber.
Deer will be my secondary target, I want the rifle to hunt Coyotes, and if the chance surfaces, some deer, and I am sure it will surface..

ShouldI start a new thread about scopes or can you guys just give me somenames to look at from this thread?

Old 04-06-2007, 03:05 PM

I don't own any T3 tikkas yet but I do own a 25/06 whitetail ss hunter; which is a older model Tikka,and I agree with skeeter. the 25/06 is better crossover gun then the 243 and with the 75 gr Vmax it is a good pill for dogs (yotes) as long as you don't catch bone...Whatever way you go you will not regret buying a tikka....
Old 04-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to disagree with everyone. I have 4 buddies that shoot 25-06s and they all blow up coyotes. Maybe thats ok with you, but I like to save my pelts an sell 'em. For that reason I'd stick to the 243.

As for optics.

Leupolds and Nikons are my favorites.

My Tikka carries a Leupold VXII 4-12x40 on it.

How much money you willing to spend on optics?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Being my first rifle I decided that putting a value on it at this point could be a deterrent. I have no price in mind, I just want a rifle and scopewith no regrets.

I have been repeatedly brought back to the Leopold VX III. The guy at the shop was trying to talk me into a rifleman, seems that isn't exactly what would be best for me, that why I came to you guys.

edit.. My budget, someone told me to expect to pay about the same price for optics as the rifle. I am far from rich, I just want to make sure I have something that will last, and work good while it is being used.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

VXIII is a fine scope though if this is the price point for which your are looking consider the zeiss conquest as well. 3x9x40 can be had for 400 or less. assume your looking for more magso 4.5x14x44, etc can also be had with the conquest line. I own both and I like the Zeiss better, but you need to form your own opinion in that regard.

For lessNikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite or VXII's. Burris FFII or Sightron are also decent optics for the price that get positive reviews. I have a couple buddies who own the FFII and they are pleased, i'd liken them the Bushnell Elite 3200 in optical performance.

If yotes are the main concern and no reloading .243 might be the better option. I just don't care for it when deer is the basis and yotes are secondary.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

I am becoming obsessed with the thoughts of owning this gun, so much so that I think I may order one prior to deciding on a scope. Does it have factory sights or was it designed to only be used with a scope?
Once i figure out which caliber to use I will make my order.
Thanks for your help guys, and your patience with my questions.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Leupold VXIII 2.5-8X on my T-3 Lite 25/06. It seems just about perfect to me (for the intended use). I may have a couple pics of it in here somewhere that I could e-mail to you (if you would like). Just send me a good e-mail addy.
bugsNbows
Old 04-08-2007, 12:30 PM

i have a tikka t3 lite in 25-06 and it is an absolute tack driver i love my tikka and have shot several 3 shot groups that are inside a one inch square.

Quick Reply: Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.