HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   looking for a reveiw on the stoeger condor 12 g over and under? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/182363-looking-reveiw-stoeger-condor-12-g-over-under.html)

e4c4ever 03-01-2007 08:50 AM

RE: looking for a reveiw on the stoeger condor 12 g over and under?

Are you talking about the CZ Redhead?

Rammer 03-01-2007 09:10 AM

Yep, CZ Redhead is a pretty nice gun for the money.

e4c4ever 03-01-2007 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Yep, CZ Redhead is a pretty nice gun for the money.
Yeah, I know. Looks nice. Apexpredator said it felt cheap, so I was wondering what made it look or feelcheap?

Rammer 03-01-2007 09:45 AM

I think he was referring to the Stoegor Condor.

e4c4ever 03-01-2007 10:07 AM

Really? I hope so..

I was considering getting me an O/U 20/26 for upland birds.
I was thinking of getting a Weatherby Orion Upland, but still too expensive.

apexpredator 03-01-2007 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: e4c4ever

Really? I hope so..

I was considering getting me an O/U 20/26 for upland birds.
I was thinking of getting a Weatherby Orion Upland, but still too expensive.
Sorry all, was referring to the condor, edited original post.

battensp 03-01-2007 01:43 PM

The Condor is a very economical O/U......its not a bad choice. I've sold alot of the youth size condors for kids getting started and the full sizes as well. I'd go 4 it, just to see if its something you'd like to do. Some people dont really get into O/U too much. My dream one is a Beretta silver pigeon.......sigh one day lol. I say go for it man.

Volf 03-13-2007 10:40 AM

I have Steger Condor Supreme (a little fancier gloss stock that 299.00 model and selective trigger)
I would not recommend this O/U (from my own personal experience.) When I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, I was a happy man, it was a well balanced, good finish and wood, and I was able to get 23-24 out of 25 the first time I was shooting trap. I also had a great hunting experience with it, the first year. After putting 200-300 rounds through it I got my first misfire. Well, I cleaned it well and one box later another misfire, then one more, sounded like too weak hit or spring issue. I was advised to change ammo and I did from Remington to Winchester and Federal, but it continue misfire the lower barrel. When I missed 2 pheasants, simply because it did not fire, I took it back to store for repair. It was under warranty, but it took them 6 month to get some little part from Brazil and fix it. I got it back and before take it to the field, again I ran 2 more boxes though it, after 1st one, it refused to fire…again. I took it back to store, they mess with it again, meanwhile, I bought almost new Browning o/u ( simply –love it). As soon as I got it back, even without a 3rd chance I put it for sale in that store for 385.00 (I paid 480.00 for it), 7 month later it’s still for sale
L Maybe I just got a lemon, but looked like gunsmith already new what’s going on with theses “ budget” deal. I would recommend looking somewhere else. I have a feeling that Turkish made CZ o/u and Mossberg o/u would not be much better in quality. See if you can find used quality products by : Weatherby, SKB, Browning, Beretta and other Italian brands.

outdoorslover 03-13-2007 11:51 AM

I have only good things to say for Stoeger. I have a M2000 and could hit anything with it and it's very reliable.

My friend does own the Condor and it is very decent for the money. The only complaints I have about it are that the safety wouldn't go off at first, the recoil pad is a little cheap, and the finish and balance are maybe not the best they could do. For a first o/u it's great or if you just want something inexpensive it's well worth the money. You might be able to find a better gun but not for that price. Go for it unless you have some more money to blow in which case you should buy a Franchi, Ruger, or Browning o/u. Those could run into the thousands however.

outdoorslover 03-13-2007 11:54 AM

Used guns are a great place to look. Try and find a very high quality used brand for cheap.