Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Gas vs Inertia...

Old 02-14-2007, 10:51 PM

Default RE: Gas vs Inertia...

I love inertia for hunting, Had the beretta pintail for year and a half, and proad to say not one single jam. And i shoot tons! Love the inertia, But gas is better for me when i shoot international skeet and fast sporting clays like that.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked around at many models and manufacturers shotguns before I bought my first Benelli (M1 Super 90) about 9 years ago. The Win X2 had such a heavy forearm weight forward design, I couldn't get used to that.
I've had very good success with both the M1 and SBE II since. I don't ever get the recoil, except when I've shot 3" slugs for deer (southern MN requires). Bird hunting they've been very reliable. Very light trap loads don't all have the recoil to eject through the inertia system (they tell you that), but an average to heavy trap load cycle 100% through for trap or sporting clays.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:10 PM

The inertia systems are nice but dont offer as much versitility as a gas operated system. I've been seeing alot of problems with SOME!!of the Benelli's. The problem is that they have a hard timeextracting and chambering light shells.....Winchester'sSuper X 3 would be a awesome buy, they have a improved gas operated system and active valve controls...... The universal hunter is 1 that I was considering...check it out.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to pick up the Super X3 before you buy one. After shooting your M1 that thing is going to feel like crap when you shoulder it.

In my opinion stay away from the SBE2 and get an M2.