Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Tikka t3 vs. browning abolt hunter. >

Tikka t3 vs. browning abolt hunter.

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka t3 vs. browning abolt hunter.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Tikka t3 vs. browning abolt hunter.

yeah, i mean what really sets it aside from lets say a tikka.

The Tikka comes bedded, has a detachable magazine, not so sure about the spring stuff, i think it only has 2 locking lugs but that isn't the biggest of deals to me, bolt handle i think it just as good, has a factory free floated barrel, i personally think the tikkas action is smoother than the brownings that i tried out today, I don't see much difference in the two safetys, other than tikkas is on the side and brownings in the middle, Trigger seems better on the tikka, i don't need/want the boss system.

plus tikka is guaranteed to shoot 3 in an inch at 100 yards, browning is not.

But, i think the wood on the brownings are very nice.

But a lot of this is personal preference to me.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your getting a .308 for sure, then by pass the .300wsm. Doesn't make sense with 7mm rem mag in the cabinet already and .308win to beside itshortly. The .338 will be your thumping gun, while it may not be required for elk or moose it certainly doesn't sufferto any forthis application and it creates a nice spacingin the cabinet .284, .308 and .338.

As far as rifle buy whatever one you like. Good luck
Old 01-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully if you’re looking at the 338 Win. Mag in the Sako it’s the 75 model because the no longer offer this cartridge in the 85 model. You can check it out for your self. www.sako.fi Good luck...
Old 01-28-2007, 07:57 PM

I just got quoted for a .338 win mag at gander today, let me check something out.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:06 PM

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/prod...ducts_id=95279

Here they are selling it in .338 win, which is kinda weird since sako doesn't acknowledge it on their site.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: pdoughertyMU

yeah, i mean what really sets it aside from lets say a tikka.

The Tikka comes bedded, has a detachable magazine, not so sure about the spring stuff, i think it only has 2 locking lugs but that isn't the biggest of deals to me, bolt handle i think it just as good, has a factory free floated barrel, i personally think the tikkas action is smoother than the brownings that i tried out today, I don't see much difference in the two safetys, other than tikkas is on the side and brownings in the middle, Trigger seems better on the tikka, i don't need/want the boss system.

plus tikka is guaranteed to shoot 3 in an inch at 100 yards, browning is not.

But, i think the wood on the brownings are very nice.

But a lot of this is personal preference to me.
It sounds like you are heading in the right direction! I believe the Tikka is also half the price of a Browning and with everything you just mentioned it beats out my Ruger but you might still want to check out the Hawkeye. The only thing that I didn't care for on the Tikka was the ergonomics and fit of the stock. BUT, the Tikka lite is high on my list for my next rifle should I be lucky enough to get another! Right now, my priority is saving up for a hunt out west with the one I got right now. A few years down the road, which is a long time from now, I'll probably be like you and adding one to my collection. The main thing is to take your time and analyze everything before making the deciscion. But to me it sounds like you have your ducks in a row.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just check it out because they have the 338 Federal listed but not the Mag. I also checked Beretta’s websit and it’s not listed either... Here’s the link http://www.berettausa.com/product/pr...ifles_main.htm Something funny going on...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:42 PM

oh i know, it is wierd. I hope they actually do offer it in .338 win

I emailed berretta asking them, said they should reply in 3 business day.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:56 AM

From a layman's perspective..........I just went through this between the same 2 guns !!

The A-bolt looks and feels like a more quality gun IMO !!

The Tikka has a smoother action.........lighter trigger from the factory.........and a huge internet following...........great reputation for accuracy !! I found nothing negative about the tikka's posted from actual owners ........found very little negative's on the A-bolts !!

I would have taken either really............but when I went to get mine.........the A-bolt was $599 in all black and the Tikka Stainless was $499 !! So I went with the Tikka and it is a great rifle for the price so far !!

Old 01-29-2007, 04:21 PM

I called able ammo today, and they said the .338 win is probably a misprint, but couldn't tell me for sure.

I was quoted for one at gander mountain however in .338 win, so i don't understand. We'll see when beretta responds

Quick Reply: Tikka t3 vs. browning abolt hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.