Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Hi Point Firearms....are they any good >

Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Old 01-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

I read an article in the last Guns Magazine abouta gun made by Hi-Point. The gun was the C9 9MM and the article talkedabout for the money it was a descent handgun. It is listed on gun broker from $125 - $160, I am a firm believer that you generally get what you pay for, but is this an exception to the rule.

Im just curious if anyone has had any experience with them?
Thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 02:54 PM

Default RE: Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

I will tell you right up front I don't own one. I have talked to a few that own them and inquired about them at a few local gun shops. From what I can gather the carbines are neat to plink with for the money and work reasonably well for the price. However I have heard that the pistols are not all that hot. Like said, you usually get what you pay for, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I am sure there are those that have them and they work fine. And if you want one to screw around with I guess the price is right. However I wouldn't get one to protect my or my loved ones lives. If someones life is going to depend on it I would be looking for something with a more proven track record.

Just my opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 01-25-2007, 07:29 PM

They don't even make good boat anchors
Old 01-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

P O C !

You may find one that appears to work fine and then POW unreliability.

If you must find out for yourself..........buy one and check back in after you shoot it a good deal.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I checked them out at the pawn shop the other day, (they also sell new guns) and they told me that they are fine for home protection. But they also said that if you plan on shooting it a lot, they tend to wear out in a hurry. He told me that a Taurus would be a much better buy for the money.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

i have a c9 i have put about a thousand rounds thru it with no problems and it shoots pretty good for a $120 dollar gun i know there are a lot of guns that will out shoot it but not for 120 go to their web site and read the testimonials they also have a liftime warranty
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 AM

Did you tell the guy he was a goof? They wear out in a hurry, but they'reok for protecting your family and home? Surely he holds HIS home and family in higher asteem than that.
ORIGINAL: TUK101

I checked them out at the pawn shop the other day, (they also sell new guns) and they told me that they are fine for home protection. But they also said that if you plan on shooting it a lot, they tend to wear out in a hurry. He told me that a Taurus would be a much better buy for the money.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

A gunsmith friend and I took a 9mm and a 45 out to the range and fired 500 rounds through each of them with no cleaning or lubing. Not a single malfunction. They are ugly and feel like a hammer but they seem to be pretty reliable.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I read an article in the last Guns Magazine abouta gun made by Hi-Point. The gun was the C9 9MM and the article talkedabout for the money it was a descent handgun. It is listed on gun broker from $125 - $160, I am a firm believer that you generally get what you pay for, but is this an exception to the rule.

Im just curious if anyone has had any experience with them?
Thanks
They are terrific guns if all you need it for is to knock over a liquor store, as a prop in a rap video, or to "smoke sum fool".

Not a bad carry gun for the street corner either....slim lines make it easy to carry in addition to a dozen small bags of crack or 8-balls of coke.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:26 AM

So swamp, tell us what you really think about them!

Quick Reply: Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.