Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Which rifle to buy?

Old 12-11-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Which rifle to buy?

Sako 75 finlite ss or Kimber or a rem700, I want quality with as many goodies I can get without going custom, and in 7mm rem mag. Which I dont think Kimber offers?
Thanks
Elmer
Old 12-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which rifle to buy?

Kimber, Kimber, Kimber, did I mention Kimber. Quality is second to none in a production grade rifle. And it is American made. Sako is second choice-but not American made. Remington is at the bottom. Did I mention Kimber. Tom.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

T/C
Old 12-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats like comparing Porsche orFerrarito aFord. I like the Kimbers but they are in the samequality/price arenaas the Sako's so whichever feels best to you is the one to go with, even if its the ford.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sako or Kimber would be fine choices. I prefer the Sako stock design to the Kimber asit feels better in my hands. The pistol grip area of the Kimber is a little too skinny for my liking, but who knows, it may suit you better. You'd be well advised to handle both models and see what feels better to you.

I currently own two Sako 75's, one of which is a 7mm Rem Mag. They've been quite accurate and have given me no problems whatsoever.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Either Sako or Kimber. I have and like both. The Sako is heavier and well put together. Good tolerances. My only complaint with it is the safety. It's a two position and I prefer the 3 position model 70 type. Kimbers are also worth the $ IMO. They are light, trim and accurate. At least my 84M is. They have the 3 position safety. Yea!! Good luck on your choice.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myself, I like Sako's, but I've never held a Kimber either to compare it to.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 PM

I've had many people tell me that Kimber rifles, are the best rifle you can get outside of a custom job, and after holding many and even seeing a few shoot, I have to agree. But, the Sako's are nice rifles, too.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Remington!! Hands down, the best for the price. Remington 700 actions are used in about 80% of full custom rifles.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

Remington!! Hands down, the best for the price. Remington 700 actions are used in about 80% of full custom rifles.
The Kimbers and Sako are good enough out of the box you don't need to do all the custom work to them.

Quick Reply: Which rifle to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.