Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Feedback on Nikon Omega Scopes >

Feedback on Nikon Omega Scopes

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Feedback on Nikon Omega Scopes

Old 09-22-2006, 11:56 AM

Default RE: Feedback on Nikon Omega Scopes

I have been hunting with Nikon Optics for 15+ years. I own 3 Nikon scopes and a set of Nikon Binocs. They have always been known for their quailty optics, especially their cameras, and the major difference between Nikon, and the others like Leupold, zeiss, and all of those others is you can buy two or three Nikons for every one of the other brands. They are sharp, crisp, and clear, and most people's eyesight is not sharp enough to be able to notice a discernable difference in the optic quality. Nikon will always be my optics of choice.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Spike

I found this in the archives. Anyone have any more feedback on the Omega scope? I've been watching the prices of Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff scopes as there seems to be a lot of happy owners here. I'm not sureI buy the "BDC" reticle.Logic suggests that if use a load any different than what Nikon used to develop the different yardage points on the reticle, thenyour shot will be off.......right? Just curious if the extra cost of the Omega is justified over an equivalent ProStaff.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:21 PM

I say that it was made for the Omega, so buy one and shoot. What the worst, your out a couple bills.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pipecrew

My buddy is a huge Leupold guy. Their scopes are nice but the Monarchs light transmission is a little better than the VXI's. I actually just sold my VXI so I could mount a Monarch on my Browning BAR.

Mike
Dude - The Monarch's light transmission and optics are better than a VX-III!!

The Pro Staff smokes the VX-I and the Buckmasters smokes the VX-II!!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Nikon ProStaff 3x9x40 on an Omega .50cal and I love it. I can hitsoda cans at 150yds and this thing sucks up the light. This is my first Nikon optic, but they will be my choice from now on. Bino's are next. And I plan on buying the new T/C Triumph when it is available and I will probably add a Nikon Omega scope to it.