Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

tikka accuracy

Old 08-03-2006, 09:23 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: tikka accuracy

ORIGINAL: Solitary Man

I was once shooting next to a guy at the local range, me with my Sakos and he with his Tikka Whitetail Hunter. We compared targets and his put mine to shame. Every group he shot was around 1/2 MOA. I've been a big admirer of Tikka since that day.
Absolutely, I beleive tikka contentials and whitetail hunters were fine guns.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 AM

It isa Sako in the picture but Tikka's had the problem as well, rifles built/sold around 2004. To be fair it was a few particular models and only those with the SS Fluted barrel. Still I do hear that Beretta is running them into the ground right now. I can't help but overlook that Tikka has been bought and sold 3 or 4 times, that would worry me a little but might explain the wave of reported quality.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:05 PM

Yeah, well my .30-06 Tikka Stainless is awesome, and shoots very well.The original one I bought was recalled, but I never had any problems with it. The new one is great, too. Apparently the recall was due to a batch of bad stainless steel used in manufacturing, but whatever, they took care of it.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Speaking of Sako's, here's my M75 chambered in the classic 375 H&H magnum topped off with a Zeiss Diavari....it shoots pretty good with a 300 gr TSX handload.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think my Stainless Lite Tikka in 243 was bought in '04.....Hope she doesn't blow up in my face[:-]

Old 08-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

People love guarntees. Have yet to see anyone take companies up on thiers, and see them make good.
I have used guarantees offered by many quality outdoor companies and ALL of the reputable ones have come through with flying colors.

Depends on alot of things like ammo, wind, shooter.
Agreed. Tikka is not guaranteeing that part are they???? <shaking head>
Old 08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

People love guarntees. Have yet to see anyone take companies up on thiers, and see them make good.
I have used guarantees offered by many quality outdoor companies and ALL of the reputable ones have come through with flying colors.

Depends on alot of things like ammo, wind, shooter.
Agreed. Tikka is not guaranteeing that part are they???? <shaking head>
Man, don't tell me, tell stubble, he asked the question. I know better. Just holding one, I don't like em.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i own a tikka t3 lite in 30-06 and i know that my gun has never shot any group over one inch with any load i have used
Old 08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Spike

I bought a Tikka Stainess Lite in 2005(.243) . It shoots cloverleafs at 100 yds. I load Sierra 85 gr.hp with 37 hr. of 4064.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a tikka for my son in 308 that did 1 MOA consistently. I was using 168 grn sierra gamekings. The only problem I have seen with some tikkas was channel drift, probably from slightly green wood. Fortunately, not the one I bought.

Sorry about the spontaneus dissassembly.

Quick Reply: tikka accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.