Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

tikka T3 rifles

Old 07-28-2006, 09:57 PM

Default RE: tikka T3 rifles

Just wondering why you are discounting Savage rifles? Very accurate out of the box and fairly priced. It your answer is cosmetics I understand but I do see they are putting more of an effort into their finishing lately.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know that anyone was discounting Savage or other brands in this thread at least. It sounds like you've had experience with them. I honestly have not. So, you can add to the discussion your experience and opinion and maybe we'll learn something new about Savage.

I've owned and useda number of other brand highpowered rifles over the years. To date at least Tikka T3 is my favorite. That's a subjective view no doubt. But I'm not alone.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

USMC, not discounting the savages at all. I'm looking at the tikka and the savage, I just have more knowledge about the savage and none about the tikka.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i cant say anything bad about my tikka. so far it has been perfect for me. i have the T3 Lite in 30-06 and the kick is there but it isnt unbearable and i am only 13. but i 6'0 215 lbs lol
Old 08-09-2006, 06:14 AM

One thing that scares me about Tikka is that the company has been bought and sold too many times in the past few years. Now that Beretta has them I hear (and can not state from fact or personal experience) that they may be running Tikka into the ground. I also see about 10x more products avaliable for Savage, Remmington, Browning etc. than Tikka. Just my opinion.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 AM

Great rifle.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know who else owned Tikka before Berretta. Tikka and Sako have been around a long time and produce their rifles in the same factory. I don't think either are "going away" anytime soon. And even if one would, what's the diffirence? There are many manufacturers (e.g. Winchester domestic manufacturing) have closed and nobody is racing out to sell their firearms by such manufacturers.

And Beretta as the oldest firearms mfg in history knows how to run a firearms business I think they've proven many centuries ago.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Typical Buck

Simply put, its one of the best rifles for the money out right now. Good choice.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:48 AM

The Savage rifles are fine guns for the money. I own/have owned many of them, but they aren't in the same quality level of the Tikka rifles. Not nearly as refined and in my experience not as accurate on average either. Of course the Savage doesn't cost as much either.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

I like the browning a bolt better than the tikka. But acuuracy should be about the same. I like the browning fit and finish better though. JUst my opinion

Quick Reply: tikka T3 rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.