Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

tikka T3 rifles

Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default tikka T3 rifles

I tried to search this topic but nothing would come up. I'm going to buy a new 25-06 and the t3 is one rifle I want to look at. anybody got opinions.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:30 AM

Default RE: tikka T3 rifles

Rocky,

I’ve got a T3 Lite Stainless in a .30-06, fitted with a Leopold VX II (with the silver finish, looks pretty nice). I love that gun. The original one I bought was subject to the recall of theirs from a few years ago. They replaced the rifle in a pretty timely manner and sent me a pretty sweet knife for good measure.

The rifle itself is very light, easy to maneuver, and pleasing to grip. It’s very accurate, and shoots much better than I do. I had a buddy’s dad shoot it (who’s an excellent marksman) and he was very impressed with how consistent it was. For the money, it’s a great rifle.

Anything else?
Old 07-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

minnhunter, how's the kick on the 30-06 with the lite version. Also, is the trigger easily adjustable, I like a light trigger.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:03 AM

Wells, it's not that bad. If you're used to shooting a .06 with a walnut stock, it's nothing you can't handle. However, if I had a choice, I wouldn't put more than 20 rounds through it at a time. Nothing you really feel in the woods, you know?

The trigger is great. I haven't actually bothered to adjust mine at all, so I can't comment of how easy it is to change, but I've read it's not that hard. Otherwise, pretty crisp trigger
Old 07-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion is buy a real Sako. Or better yet, buy a real Sako that was made in the 90's.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka T3 is the best value in a bolt rifle right now.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a 25/06 Stainless Synthetic that I absolutely love. The trigger is easily adjustible. It's a great shooter and doesn't have that much felt recoil. It doesn't have a soft recoil pad on it just a hard rubber butt pad. If that bothers you, just add a Simms pad instead. It's got a Leupold VX111 2.5-8 X 36 that sits nicelly 6-7 mm off the barrel. It handles like a dream and is very accurate with factory ammo. Some folks don't like the fact that it has some polymer parts, but it doesn't bother me a bit. Oh my, I even shoot / own Glocks!!! Yeah, it's not a Sako but it didn't cost $1200 either. IMO, it's a great gun.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a T3 lite Synthetic/Blued in 30-06 as well. Pretty much ditto the sentiment. Very accurate rifle. I don't think the recoil is too bad at all.

Good luck,
Old 07-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with TerryM. Tikka T3 is the one of the top rifles for accuracy, out of the box, for the money out there right now. They have the same high quality barrel as a Sako. In fact, they're made in the same factory with same quality as Sako. They have a smooth adjustable trigger. Floating barrel. Smooth action. With a quality scope on it and top quality ammo, you'll be able to match the factory's groupings of 1" at 100 yards, I'm sure.

Very nice firearm.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

A hunting partner has a t-3 stainless in 25-06.You couldn't find a better cartridge for deer sized game and the rifle shoots sub MOA with several loads.

Quick Reply: tikka T3 rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.