HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Your opinion of cz-usa rifles (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/145238-your-opinion-cz-usa-rifles.html)

TDDR 06-16-2006 08:40 AM

Your opinion of cz-usa rifles

Ive been wanting to get a varmint gun for a while now but havent settled on a brand.Ive taken a liking to the cz-usa american hunter models but would like to know if they are any good.

oldelkhunter 06-16-2006 01:00 PM

RE: Your opinion of cz-usa rifles

For a lightweight varmint carry gun I like CZ's offerings . If you like something heavier then Remington,Ruger,Howa,Savage will fit the bill. As far as quality goes Iowned a cz 452 and it was a very well made gun for a 22lr..I have handled the 550 and think it is a very nice rifle for the money.

Windwalker7 06-16-2006 01:47 PM

We bought our daughter and son 452 Scout .22 rifles several years ago, when they started hunting. They are very well made and very accurate. We put scopes on them and I was impressed with how accurate they really were.

My only gripe was the safety. It moved the opposite way as most safetys do and was really stiff.

I also own a CZ 75 pistol in 9mm. I really like the quality and accuracy of it also. CZ's prices are reasonable too.

All in all, CZ makes a quality firearm at a very good price. Their guns look good andare known for their accuracy. What else could you ask for?

mightyoakwildlife 06-16-2006 06:46 PM

I don't have heaps of experience with them, but my limited use (452 in .22 LR, 550 Amer. in 9.3x62, brother has 550 Amer. in .22/250) has been outstanding! As to the one post concerning the reversed safety direction, I bought my 9.3 in '05 with the safety as we are used to here in the States. I was told by the dealership where I bought it that all American models now have the "American" style safety (push forward to fire, pull rearward for "safe").
You have to realize that you won't get custom-rifle fit & finish on these, but you will be getting something that matches or exceeds the workmanship of the Marlin, Mossberg, Savage, etc. Typically, the quality is about as you see in the "Big Three", with their entry level models. The accuracy, in the three I have shot extensively, has been very good to excellent, forproduction "general purpose" rifles, not geared toward target or varmint shooting. Triggers are a bit scratchy, but clean-up nicely. If you like the commercial Mauser actins, these are some of the better ones.

hardcorehunter 06-16-2006 08:00 PM

CZ puts out a hell of a rifle.
HCH[/align]

okcmco 06-17-2006 12:05 AM

They are GREAT! The hunter has a beech stock (as opposed to walnut of hte priceyer models). Othe than that they are the same. Great gun

adamsdad 06-22-2006 02:37 PM

The CZ's are a very good rifle at not to bad a price. My only problem is that I sold mine to a buddy during a weak moment. [:@]

TomFromTheShade 06-22-2006 02:38 PM

Great rifles. You won't be disappointed.

wayomic 06-22-2006 04:01 PM

I love mine, especiallysince it has asingle set trigger. Makes it nice when going for that long, fine shot.

James B 06-22-2006 08:27 PM

Probably worth the money. Never heard many complaints on the smaller calibers. I have had several of their handguns. They functioned real well.