Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington accutip???

Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned

Default Remington accutip???

Is the accutipbullet remingtons verson of a billstic tip that other companys load, if not what is the bullets best used for ?????????
Old 05-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington accutip???

Remington Accutip is a Hornady SST with green tip being the only difference.Intended use isthin skinned animals ie: Deer. I have never used the accutip personally but have used the SST and NBT (which isone ofmy favorite deer bullets). To be honest I saw no real difference in terminal performance between the two but do get better accuracy from the Nosler version in my rifles, thus I have stuck with the NBT. If you don't care for the ballistic tip from previous experiences you could look at the Nosler Accubond or Hornady Interbond which are less fragile when pushed to extremes or meeting heavy bone.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:13 AM

I've shot them from my savage .222 and have had great results. Groups seem tighter with the accutip. Had about 5 soft nose left when I shot these and did notice a difference in grouping.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:43 AM

heres what an advertisement said about them, " The accutip features a precision engineered polymer tip bullet designed for match grade accuracy , it offers super flat trajectory and tremedous down range energy." like said in another post something about the accutip being gren. im sorry but thats some other bullet because the accutip has a gold tip on all of their accutip ammo. the accutip are grat for deer sized game because the expansion is initiated on cantact and the jacket keeps from over expanding. its much like a nosler ballistic tip really just most of the time a little more accurate and i guess thats where it gets the prephase "accu" for accurate.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I have heard/read about the AccuTip they have a gold colored tip like hobie stated.

Sierra would probably be upset if they put a green tip on
Old 05-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

oops my mistake I knew they had a different coloured tip than the SST -red tip. Like I said never used them nor see the need too, they are a Hornady SST bullet with a "GOLD" tip in the big's GREEN package!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:25 PM

I liked em shot my first elk with 165 gr acutip went clean through both shoulder hams missing the shoulder bones hit two ribs and parked just under the skin on the opposing shoulder
Old 05-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

Ticks me off. Why did they have to go and change the bullets from the Ballistic tips to some other type. Were people clamoring for SST bullets? The only reason people buy an accutip isbecause they think itsa nosler ballistic tip or equivalent. So why change from the genuine article to some imitation bullet? I am also angry cauz they stopped makingthe 90g 243 ballistic tip. The thing was the ultimate cartridge in my.243 A-bolt. I could hit quarters at 100 yds and when that bullet hit a deers chest it looked like a hand grenade went off. Now i got half a box left and will have to soon go do the old sight in procedure with 4 different brands of ammo to replace the the current "designated hitter"They just dropped where hit or took a quick 3 or 4 steps and kaput. Now I have to switch to somehting else. Does remington think I will even reconsider one of their brands again. Then remingtonwent an switched their whole line of ammo for no good reason. Nowadays I gotta buywhole cases ofammo when you find out it shoots good in your gun cuz who knows when they are going to stop making it and you wont be able to find it again.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:28 PM

I use nosler ballistic tips in a sierra boattail. THe accutip is very similar and works as well
Old 06-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know NYORANGE I do feel your pain! Do you think they do it on porpuse so we have to spen more money on their products? I really feel this is whats behind all this. I have been using Remmington standard 150 gr PSP core lot ammo It does a great job on deer (all I hunt) and I think they will make this for ever.

Quick Reply: Remington accutip???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.