Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Help me Pick out a new Shotgun >

Help me Pick out a new Shotgun

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Help me Pick out a new Shotgun

Old 10-28-2002, 07:57 PM

Default Help me Pick out a new Shotgun

I have a remington 1100 right now. I am wanting a new shotgun that has chokes and is a little more modern. I will be turkey hunting, waterfowl hunting, and upland game hunting. I am kinda thinking of staying with the remington brand and possibly sticking with the 12 gauge. What do you guys recommend for a do it all shotgun? I am not real knowledgeable with shotguns as rifles are my primary interest. I kind of want to stay around the $500 dollar or so range. Which model do you recommend and what can I expect to pay for it? Can you guys give me some pros and cons of each? What do you think of the guns painted in all camo? Some are real ugly but others arent too bad. What do you think of the new 3inch magnum shells? Thank you in advance
Old 10-31-2002, 01:17 PM

Default RE: Help me Pick out a new Shotgun

If you like the 1100 you will like the 1187, this should fit all your needs. Also I have a Charles Daily , auto loader, I like this shotgun and its under 500. I own the 1100 and 1187 also.

Edited by - hoghunter51 on 12/03/2002 12:30:05
Old 11-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about a Remiington Express Super Mag?
It's a good deal for the price, and you can hunt anything with it.
It won't break down either.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

To alot of my friends who only use Remington shotguns, my Mossberg 835 ultimag is the only other choice they would ever think off. Sometimes when they shoot it they start wondering if they should switch brands. It came with 4 choke tubes, camo finish, short, light, and great for anything that moves.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Three words:

<font size=6>B</font id=size6>rowning <font size=6>P</font id=size6>ump <font size=6>S</font id=size6>hotgun!

I've owned mine for less than a week and already love the heck out of it.

If you want a beat around, not afraid to smack it into a tree, gun then go with the Stalker model. If you want a shotgun that's nice to look at as well as very smooth, go with the Hunter model. Most of the BPS guns run in the mid-$400's to the low $500&quot; range. Oh, and if you buy it before the end of the year Browning is offering a $75 rebate, which means you're getting a lot of shotgun for the money. The Brownings all come with back-bored barrels (except the slug guns, of course) and 3 choke tubes (IC, Mod, Full).

Mike

Gun control means putting the second bullet through the same hole as the first- Ted Nugent
NRA Member
&quot;They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.&quot; -Ben Franklin

Edited by - driftrider on 12/03/2002 17:21:17
Old 12-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

driftrider I was looking at a new BPS 12Ga today for $319.00 out the door ,thats a good buy for that gun . Is browning having a sale on all thier guns ? This was in a local store and the BPS was the only one they had out . If all of thier guns had rebates I will have to go back .

Edited by - halcon on 12/05/2002 01:27:58
Old 12-05-2002, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

$319...lucky Ba***rd! I $429, before rebate, for mine and that's the going rate in my area. Where do you live? For $319 I'd have BPS #2 in the safe (but you need a shotgun too, honey, really! NOOO, the recoils not THAT bad! He He!)

The only rebates I saw were $75 on the BPS and $100 on the Browning Gold (which would have been my first pick if not for the steep price of the auto, and problems common with autos shooting too light target loads). I grew up shooting nothing but pump guns so I'm pretty fast with the reloads if I need to be.

To be honest, in my opinion you'd be a fool to pass up a BPS for that price. Like I said, after growing up shooting a nice 870 Wingmaster (which, unfortunately, I'll inherit one day) I fell instantly in love with my BPS. It's a great gun.

Mike

Gun control means putting the second bullet through the same hole as the first- Ted Nugent
NRA Member
&quot;They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.&quot; -Ben Franklin
Old 12-06-2002, 01:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Oregon . I 'm considering the BPS but I would want to get it in a 20 ga if I do . I'm going back tomorrow to see if they have one in stock .
Old 12-09-2002, 09:08 PM

Check out the Benelli Nova I bought one a yaer ago and i love it but try to get the shorter barrell if you ar qual hunting in the thick brush
Old 12-11-2002, 07:20 PM

I'm with Jimmy C. I recently bought a camo Benelli Nova Pump and like it a lot. I own Remington 870's and have had Mossberg 835's and this Benelli is as smooth as they get. Benelli's come with three choke tubes. I got steal on mine at $345.00 new, but think they average in the $400.00 or so range. This is deffinately an all purpose gun shooting everything from light 2 3/4&quot; shells to 3 1/2&quot; magnums. Check them out at their website. http://www.benelliusa.com/

&quot;Fast is fine, but accurate is final&quot;. &quot;Wild Bill&quot; Hickok - 1869

Quick Reply: Help me Pick out a new Shotgun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.