Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad >

Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

Old 01-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

I don't want to put a recoil pad on my gun because my shoulder is killing me. If there is a product that is going to help my shooting ability then I figure I might as well try it out.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Ill Buck Hunter:
My Sims pads really take the discomfort out of sighting in a 12ga slug shooter.They are worth it.

Bill
Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 PM

Snipehunter: point well taken: but if a certain recoil pad can transform a gun from "ouch" to "that wasn't so bad" - it is worth having.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:23 AM
jjo

i just bought a limbsaver pad for my 1300 pump. i bought the precesion fit model. hope it works.

jjo
Old 01-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey snipe,
Im not sure my 20ga is "too much" for me. But when I get up near 100 shots at the clay pigeons it's nice to have had on there.

When I'm on the bench shooting the 2nd boxfrom the 270 it's easier on the shoulder. Totally necessary? No. It is more comfortable though.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:56 AM

I have a synthetic thompson center encore in .300 win mag. Put a sims
limbsaver on and it sure helps to take the bite out of bench shooting. Great investment - doubt if you wil be disappointed...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:43 PM

What 870 do you have that a Simms (R3 in the Rem catalogs) is not made for? Every 870 we have had from the factory has been ordered with them if they didn't come as standard equipment. I have replaced pads on nearly a dozen of my long guns and my only choices are the Simms/R3s or the Pachmayer Declerator. They are AWESOME pads. I put a slip on on my 835 turkey gun lastyear after I dug it back out (hadn't used it since the 870Supermags came out several years ago) and it REALLY make a difference on that heavy hitter (2.25oz of 4x5x7 Nitro Hevi-Shot). I picked the slip on because the gun is fugly to begin with (old Real Tree camo) and I wanted to increase the length of pull so I put it on over the factory pad.

I LOVE the Simms pads, even my kids guns have them on as well.
RA
Old 01-24-2006, 04:51 PM

hello danny i would hope that at 20 gague isn`t to much for you. what i was saying is that a lot of pepole go out and buy the biggest rifle or shotgun that they can get thinking that they will be the big guy of the block just to find out that they cannont stand to fire the weapon then it is off to there local gun shop to buy some type of recoil reduceing device. i have shot 2/34 12g. atsporting clay matchesuntill my shoulder/arm felt like *ell but that is what i took into the match. what i`m tring to state is that 99% of the folks that buy a recoil device may it be a slip on pad or a muzzle break should have looked into what they were going to use the firearm for. just my .02 cents
Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a TC Omega muzzle loader,and if anyone has fired one with a heavy bullet and 100grs. or more of 777, you know how hard they kick. I bought one of the Simms prefitted pads,yes they don't fit perfectly, and it made a VERY noticable difference in the felt kick. When you go out to shoot,50 to 100 shots,thay make a big difference in my shooting.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been happy with the sim limbsaver recoil pad. All my hunting rifles wear either a sims or pachymer, it has nothing to do with use in the field but everything to do with getting to that point. I do the majority of my load testing in the warm weather well in advance of the approaching season, this usually means t-shirts and bug spray here on the prairie's! So the ability to work through my loads with comfort is welcomed. Also I suffer from a bad shooting wing that has seen multiple surgeries, these pads as well help meremain productive following my range time.

To the question if you can't find a pre-fit in the sims, R3 or pachymer for your 870 then I as well suggest a grind to fit. Worth the investment IMHO.

Quick Reply: Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.