Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

high point pistols?

Old 01-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default high point pistols?

whats wrong with high pojnt pistols?i only hear bad stuff abot them wonder whats all so bad about them. never shot one but in the mood for buying a new auto and trying to get the D/l on different guns.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:28 PM

Default RE: high point pistols?

From what I have heard and read the pistols are pretty much cheap junk and not very trustworthy. If you wanted a cheap gun to plink with they might be ok, but something to carry or stake your life, no way.

However for some reason people seem to have good luck with the carbines for the money. I still wouldn't stake my families life on one.

My personal opinion is if you can't afford a better pistol and are willing to settle for a highpoint because of the price you would be better off looking at used revolvers. I would rather have a single action revolver in .357 than a 9 mil or .40 cal auto that I couldn't depend on.

Paul
Old 01-20-2006, 06:19 PM

ive had a high point for a few years now with no problems. but i only carry it when i'm in the woods on the atv for snakes and such. this fits my purpose and it's not expensive so that i have to worry about dust,dirt or mud while i'm riding.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are planning on using it for self defense, file down the front sight and keep a good coat of oil on it.[:@]
Old 01-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

i dont plann to get one . i was just wondering why they are so bad. how about walthers. they worth a da*n? i have a p22 but what about the other walthers?
Old 01-22-2006, 09:00 AM

Of all the walthers the P22 is the least liked from what I can tell. So if you like that one you should have no trouble with the rest of the line. I had a PPK .380 aobut 15 years ago and thought it was great. Not real accurate, but hey it was a short .380. It was accurate enough and functioned fine. I thought about getting a P22 until I read some of the reviews. I think if I get another .22 handgun I will just get another browning buckmark.

Paul
Old 01-22-2006, 02:35 PM

I asked the question several months ago that you are asking, and got the same response. I have been told everything from "They'll made good boat anchors" to "Use it for leveling up the gun case". However, they are warrented for life. This report from the "Shooting Times" was also interesting.
http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/hipoint_100605/
I can't spend $400 to $500 dollars for a handgun. I already have a S&W 38 Special and someone recently gave me a Browning Buckmark .22. I am still thinking about buying either their 9mm or their .380. I just haven't talked myself into it yet.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

100% American made, lifetime warranty, IMO they are hard to beat for the money, I have sold dozens of them and yet to have my first call about a problem or someone that is not happy about their purchase. Just because they don't cost 500 bucks everyone just rights tham off as junk most of the time.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

are you talking about highpoint or walther, strut?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: strut

100% American made, lifetime warranty, IMO they are hard to beat for the money, I have sold dozens of them and yet to have my first call about a problem or someone that is not happy about their purchase. Just because they don't cost 500 bucks everyone just rights tham off as junk most of the time.
Strut, do you know if the warranty is transferable?

Quick Reply: high point pistols?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.