HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Browning BLR in 325.WSM (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/122565-browning-blr-325-wsm.html)

jigncraw 11-26-2005 12:21 AM

Browning BLR in 325.WSM

Well I went and bought a new Browning BLR in 325.WSM. I will get the rifle in mid January, which is fine because moose season doesn't open here until next Oct. anyway!!! :D

I will need a scope for this bad boy and was leaning toward a 3-9 Bushnell Elite 3200. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what scope would work well on my new baby.

Thanks. :)

trailer 11-26-2005 02:50 AM

RE: Browning BLR in 325.WSM

Personally I would be looking for a scope with lots of eye relief for that 325 WSM. The Zeiss conquest come to mind with 4” of constant eye relief. The Bushnell Elite 3-9 x 40 has 3.3” of constant eye relief and the Leupold have more eye relief but are not constant. Just something to keep in mind when looking for that scope. Last thing you want is to have that scope bite you... Good Luck...

TerryM 11-26-2005 09:24 PM

i would put a Leupold 1.75 x 6 VXIII on that rifle. Make a great moose hunting PKG.

jigncraw 11-27-2005 07:17 AM

I like the leupolds, but after dropping the coin on the rifle and with my first child on the way...$$$. I don't think I canafford that scope this year.

I thought that most hunters would go for a 3-9 when hunting clearcuts, is the 2-7 a better choice for that, or is it better all around?

trailer 11-27-2005 07:55 AM

I think it’s a personal preference myself. The 2-7 scopes are usually a little smaller and lighter but either one will work. The end result is for you to be satisfied with your purchase. Good luck.

TerryM 11-27-2005 08:26 AM

I thought that most hunters would go for a 3-9 when hunting clearcuts, is the 2-7 a better choice for that, or is it better all around?
I have used 2x7 on all my moose rifles for years and see no reason whatsoever to add cost and weight to my rifles by going to a more powerful scope. If money is an issue then I would buy a Leupold VXII 2x7 and you will likely never feel the need to upgrade it. There are other great cheaper scopes, the Bushnell Elite 3200 is a nice one ( I had one for a season and didn't like it personally ). The problem with the Elite I found was not enough eye relief. A moose is as big as a small car, if he looks too small on 7x, he is too far ;)

jigncraw 11-27-2005 12:02 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I will take a look at the 2x7 Leupold. Maybe if I tell the wife to make it my X-mas gift I can get one... Hmmmm.

That might work!:)

RedAllison 11-28-2005 02:26 PM

The Elite is "ok" in my opinion and ANY of the Leupold's are quality. Obviously the Zeiss Conquest is "tops" for the money in my book, but have you considered the 2x7 Nikon Monarch? I bought one for my 10 year olds Model 7 youth (.243) and I must say I have been impressed by this scope. It is EXTREMELY clear, very light (didn't want to impede on the lightness and quickness of the youth gun) and being a Monarch it is as tough as nails and will take ALL the abuse that .325 can dish out. That's just my .01/2c on the 2x7s or 2x8s.

If it were me (I know I am planning on a BLR pistol grip in either 308 or 358 for a quick woods rifle for deer) I would go with the 3x9x40 Conquest! ;)
RA

jigncraw 11-28-2005 09:11 PM

Thanks for the advice RedAllison, I'm going to have make a trip to Bass Pro soon so I can get my hands on all these scopes at once.

My wife is going to love that!!