Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Best deer rifle under $600 >

Best deer rifle under $600

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Best deer rifle under $600

Old 11-28-2005, 04:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best deer rifle under $600

Savage.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 PM

I recently had the pleasure of shooting a GEM of a little rifle the other day. Made by SAVAGE and sold unter the stevens name, the STEVENS MODEL 200. This little beauty has the internals of the Savage 110 that everyone is boasting of here just dropped into a synthetic stock. The stock is much sterdier than I expected, the triggerpull is crips, the accuracy is OUTSTANDING. I fired about 20 rounds through with a .80 average spread at 100 yards. I'm buying one this next week, as a matter of fact, and I'm spending the extra money on a slick new scope, maybe the SIMMONS MASTER SERIES PROHUNTER or AETEC , or a NIKON BUCKMASTER. I found the gun for $270 after some phone calls, which is mind boggling to me. All of the online reviews are glowing for this rifle as well - it definately fills the void for the budget hunters in ability and price. outperforms a lot of high priced guns too!

Check this out:
http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/Stevens200.asp
http://www.gunblast.com/Stevens-200.htm
It was even given this rifle of the year pre-nom:
http://www.shootingindustry.com/05prenoms.html

Again, this is a serious bargain, no bull**** shooting gun with no frills. If you want a pretty wood stock or a brandname other than savage, by all means go elsewhere. But for pure funtionality at impressive price, this is the rifle for me, at least. Personally, i think it's beatiful with black metal on a blue-grey stock!

Good luck in your search, and check out those links!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to chime in with either Tikka T-3 or Browning A-Bolt.

That was also the first time I ever heard anyone reccomend a Remington 710. I shot one a few weeks ago, and wasn't overly impressed.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

This one is easy. Tikka T3.
Amen.A Tikka T-3 is hard to beat in this price range. Accuracy has been outstanding from mine and everyone else I know that owns one. Here's an example.

25-06 Tikka T-3 with Hornady 117 grain factory ammo, 100 yards. No after market modifications to the gun at all. This is how it shot straight from the box.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:23 PM

Another happy Tikka owner here.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:53 PM

MY 257 WBY. VANGUARD SS DID BETTER ON OUT OF THE BOX GROUPS, ONE 3 SHOT RAGGED HOLE GROUPS AT 100 YDS. 100 GR. INTERLOCK HORNADY SPIRAL POINTS. BEST RIFLE I FEEL YOU CAN BUY FOR THE PRICE. THE COMBO CAME WITH SCOPE MOUNTED AND BORE SITED AT THE WEATHERBY CUSTOM SHOP ALSO CAME WITH A HARD GUN CASE AND SLING FOR $700.00 THIS IS THE BEST RIG I EVER OWNED.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cpsniper05

looking to get a new rifle here pretty soon, i like the Tikka T3 but don't know much about it, really like Winchesters, just want a good looking rifle that has good accuracy
If you are speaking of rifle only, the sky's the limit as many makes and models are available for $600. If you are planning on getting a gun and scope for $600, then you'll probably need to budget $400 for the gun and at least $200 for the scope.

I like Brownings the best, simply because they fit me better and shoulder a little easier. Although I have no problem with Remingtons, Savages, Winchesters, Tikkas or others. It's just that................................Brownings are better.

For instance:

You can buy this beautiful Browning at Wal-Mart for under $600

or you can buy a Savage (like Mossy) and never even have to shoot. The deer will die of ugly.[8D]

Old 12-10-2005, 02:48 PM

Rem 700 bdl if you like hinged floorplate,,rem 700 adl if you like a blind mag
270,30-06, 300win mag.
I love y 700 adl 300 win mag,
Not an exspensive gun but it can sure dot the i's
Good luck
Nathan
Old 12-11-2005, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

or you can buy a Savage (like Mossy) and never even have to shoot. The deer will die of ugly.[8D]
hehe first off I save alot on ammo that way, and secondly its not dying of uglyness.........its FEAR that kills em.

Deer..."oh no, its that crazy sum b$#ch carrying that bad a$$ed Savage, Id better just die now then have my inside ripped apart like my brother Butchie did yesterday!!"
Old 12-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

TIKKA T3. Hard to beat for performance and value.

Quick Reply: Best deer rifle under $600

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.