Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Remington 700 XCR or Weatherby Mark V >

Remington 700 XCR or Weatherby Mark V

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington 700 XCR or Weatherby Mark V

Old 10-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington 700 XCR or Weatherby Mark V

I own the Rem. 338 RUM in the SS BDL. It shoots very tight groups and I have never had a problem with it. But then again I have been a Rem. fan all my life.
I dont think that you can get much better. Just my personal opinion.

hunter338
Old 11-19-2005, 04:04 PM

i would go with the weatherby vanguard synthetic with stainless, my 257 shoots 1 hole groups with 3 rounds at 100 yds. dont listen to people who do not own one. the trigger is adjustible also. best rifle i ever owned, thats saying for remington, savage, winchester, ruger!
Old 11-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

would go with the weatherby vanguard synthetic with stainless
The cartridges being considered were 338ultramag andthe 340wby which is not available in the vanguard.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:04 PM

it is in a 338 win. mag. which would be a excellent choice!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Padrino:

There is only one person that will know what suits you better, and that's you. So go to your local gun shop and handle both rifles or better yet, shoot with a borrowed one and know for yourself how it feels like.

I think that all buzz about one rifle being muzzle heavyer than the other is just opinions and remember that opinions are like b**t holes, everyone has one!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that all buzz about one rifle being muzzle heavyer than the other is just opinions
Whenyou know the actual weights of the guns and their components as werementioned on this thread,you can calculate which gun is more muzzle heavy ashas already beendone.Weightsbased on calculationsarefactsnot opinions.However,stating which gun you prefer is an opinion.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

O.k. I prefer the Weatherby Accumark and think recoil is no better or worse than any remington.

By the way, I think the sling on mineis a little heavy. Will that make it "sling heavy"?..........
Old 11-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the way, I think the sling on mineis a little heavy. Will that make it "sling heavy"?..........
What does it weigh?

Old 11-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I personally would go with the XCR.The metal parts are coated with trinyte,for corrosion resistance(better than stainless they say).The other really great thing is the rubber overmolding on the grip/forearm of the stock.Just like the Winchester Model 70 ultimates have,but in a different shape.It's offered in a large variety of calibers.(Many you can pick up at the corner store if you were to run out,instead of stocking up on weatherby bullets).Hey,and it's a 700,they've done nothing to the design,just the coating,and grips..You know how accurate 700's are.The only kickback??..Plain and simple...$.Hope I helped.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:06 PM

I just purchased the XCR in 7mm rem mag. After playing with most of the guns in composite stocks the remington felt the best for me. I originally had my heart set on the LSS but since it is a discontinued model in 7mm I went to my backup in the XCR. I like it and would like to hear more about what was done to make the bolt smoother. My bolt is still a bit sticky I know it'll probably get smoother with age but if I can speed it along a bit then I probably will.

Quick Reply: Remington 700 XCR or Weatherby Mark V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.