Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Savage makes some accurate guns >

Savage makes some accurate guns

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Savage makes some accurate guns

Old 09-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Savage makes some accurate guns

I have been really impressed with my model 16 in 270 wsm.For the money the accuracy of a Savage is hard to beat.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tbone , the speer you mention , I have been shooting out of my 300winmag at 150 grains , and I have yet ot get complete penitration on deer , to my suprise . 3 deer that is , but they all droped farily quick .
Old 09-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

I can believe that, especially if you shot them at close range. I did that once on a really big whitetail. Hit him at 45 yds with a 150 gr core-loft and all he did was tip away from me. His body absorbed about 2800 ft/lbs of energy as the bullet never exited. He never kicked or anything, just died instantly. I got the Speers for the range(cheap), Accubonds will be for live game. The cheap bullets don't always stay together when they impact at high velocity. They would be great once the bullet slows down a little, like 200yds out or so. I like the idea of an exit hole because you don't always hit the shoulder to drop them immeditaely and entrance wounds don't leave a great blood trail. Hopefully that wasn't too much information.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. I just purchased a new Savage 110 in 7mm-08. The first time i took it to the range to sight it in, i was shooting 3/4" groups within minutes. I couldn't believe the accuracy of this firearm. It may not be the smoothest, prettiest thing around but it is reliable and shoots fantastic. And the accu-trigger is a defineate plus.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dollar for Dollar I don't think you can beat'm.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:22 AM

Default RE: can you replace the stock?

Just curious if you're able to replace the original stock with something more, visually pleasing? I've gota .270 that I like a lot, but would be interested in upgrading its appearance if possible.....
Old 09-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

savage is a good quality rifle..much better than remington...did I just say that?........better priced and truly proven out of the box accuracy....something remington claims in tv commercials...notatthe range..savage is not an ugly gun..its a beauty
and that accutrigger isa fashion statement
And when did us hunters go in for all thisprettystuff..... see what that ***** EYE.. nonsense has done
Old 09-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

From my experinces withSavage(translated Salvage) rifles,they are just like anything manufactured...you can get good one and bad ones. They are made cheaply, fit and finish looks like a high school ag class did it. The stocks, wood and synthetic(actually some sort of injection molded plastic) are simply CHEAP looking and feel CHEAP! Before the accutrigger came out I swear they used a rock as a sear. The tang safety is hard to use too, at least in my case.
I would venture to say out of all the different manufactures they are on the bottom of the list. They do have a purpose and are targeting that market.... that being the average joe hunter that needs a cheap accurate hunting rifle.

I say this as a SAVAGEowner....did I just say that....I meant SALVAGE
Old 09-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double A (No reference to Arn Anderson is there?.. 4 horsemen)

I like to be humored...good stuff...I did notice however you did say cheap and accurate...thanks ...from all the Blue Collar Guyz who cant afford a thousand and still not get a decent grouping. Keep those jokes coming..It is truly refreshing. Again.. cheap and accurate.. better keep that down before Savage moves up a few slots on that list.
Good and Safe Hunts 2 Ya
Old 10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well doubleA, I have Brownings, Remingtons, Rugers, Marlins and Savage rifles. And if I wanted to, I could buy a Kimber or Cooper or just about anything else I wanted to. But I figure, why should I spend my cash on a costly rifle just for the name when I can book a hunt with that same cash, grab my Savage and enjoy myself knowing that if I shoot at something worth while, its gonna be just as dead?????

Quick Reply: Savage makes some accurate guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.