HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   I GOT IT! Winchester 7mm-08 with Leupold Vari-x 3x9 Compact Scope (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/111895-i-got-winchester-7mm-08-leupold-vari-x-3x9-compact-scope.html)

NJ-Bowhunter 09-07-2005 02:16 PM

I GOT IT! Winchester 7mm-08 with Leupold Vari-x 3x9 Compact Scope

Winchester Model 70 7mm-08 with a Leupold Vari-X 3x9 scope for $700 at my local gun shop today. I have been asking numerous questions over the past few days here on the forum, and want to thank all of you for your input. I walked into the 2 local shops today and the 2nd had the above rifle for $700. It is in absolute mint condition and I figured with the scope, it was a good deal. I cannot wait to shoot on Saturday! Any thoughts on the model/scope/price?

Rebel Hog 09-07-2005 02:55 PM

RE: I GOT IT! Winchester 7mm-08 with Leupold Vari-x 3x9 Compact Scope

Hey NJ, if it's your's and you like it, it's a great combo!

ijimmy 09-07-2005 03:12 PM

awesome combo , bet it shoots straight .

TomFromTheShade 09-08-2005 12:10 AM

I grew up in Freehold, what local gun shops are there? Solomons?

trailer 09-08-2005 05:15 AM

Sounds like a pretty good combo. Good Luck.

NJ-Bowhunter 09-08-2005 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: TomFromTheShade

I grew up in Freehold, what local gun shops are there? Solomons?
I actuallywas referring to the "local gun shops" to be just below Hightstown- Harry's Army Navy and The Sportsmans Center in Bordontown About 35min from me; Ipurchased it at The Sportsman's Center. Harry's employees tend to be difficult to deal with- They never seem to want to help. I went in there 3x and the kid behind the counter could barely get himself to show me the guns that I asked to see let alone provide any advice.

TomFromTheShade 09-08-2005 01:09 PM

I bought my Remington 700 at Harry's. I don't know which I prefer, Harry's or the Sportsman's? They both have their ups and downs. If there was more of a market for rifles in NJ I would open up a gun by me, in the Cherry Hill area, but unfortunately there is no rifle hunting in NJ. Its hard to find a good gun shop in my neck of the woods.

TomFromTheShade 09-08-2005 01:10 PM

Harry's does have pretty good prices on their new rifles though. They are always lower than the MSRP on the manufacturers web sites.

NJ-Bowhunter 09-08-2005 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: TomFromTheShade

Harry's does have pretty good prices on their new rifles though. They are always lower than the MSRP on the manufacturers web sites.
It is probably due to the fact that they are compensating for poor service - Sportman's Center has decent prices as well. I'm heading to a range down by Cabelas in PA to shoot this Saturday. Many of the public ranges in PA that are close to the NJ border were closed due to a hunting accident last year. Some idiot shot at a fox during deer season, over the crest of a hill, and killed a woman 700-800 yards away while she sat in her car at red light. Guns don't kill people, idiots kill people.