Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Winchester Super Shadow Opinions >

Winchester Super Shadow Opinions

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Winchester Super Shadow Opinions

Old 07-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Winchester Super Shadow Opinions

What do you all think of this gun . I just picked one up in 270 wsm . Cant wait to get on the range . They sold me the wrong mounts for it so it will be a couple days . First thing I did was adjust the triger down to about 1/2 of stock , nice that they are adjustable .
Old 07-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winchester Super Shadow Opinions

Can't comment on the gun as I have only handled the Super Shadow in the showroom but I really like the 270 WSM. I have a Savage 16 chambered in 270 WSM and it has proven to be very accurate and pleasant to shoot. I can't wait to put the cross hairs on some game this year! I think you will be pleased!
Old 07-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just unloaded my Model 16. Decent shooting gun but savage really needs to do something with that high gloss stainless. Spoked to many deer with mine... IT HAD TO GO!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 02:15 PM

I have the Super Shadow in 270WSM as well. Great gun. Had it out in the bush the other day. Shooting prone it shot every load I fed it into 1.5" or better at 100yrds. Recoil was a non-issue. With the recoil pad they come fitted withit felt less than my BLR .308 and about the same as my 6.5x55 Swede.

ijimmy how was the trigger to adjust? If I have one complaint it is the trigger, too heavy.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:01 AM

I like the price of this gun, but i wish they made it in non WSM calibers, whats the equivilent of this gun for say a .223 or .243?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Spike

I had just returned my Ultimate shadow with the duratouch armour in 300wsm.
The rear site bridge where the scope base mounts was off or caunted by a 32nd
of an inch. Winchester said they would send me a new one, I said don't bother
this should of been inspected prior to leaving the factory. The gun shop where I
bought it gave me a credit and I just ordered a Sako 75 hopefully I'll have better
luck!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Capdog , very easy to adjust the triger , but should be done by someone with experiance . Very straight forward spring and locknut adjustment , any gunsmith can adjust it in about 5 minnets .

Kopfjaeger , hope mine is not like yours , Im useing leupole 2 peice mounts . Ive got a tika , made by sako , and man its sweet . Checked it and they are perfectly aligned .
Old 08-07-2005, 03:51 PM

I have a Wally World Winchester Super Shadow 270WSM. 3/4" accuracy, very good bolt rifle, and a very, very good round.For a $400 rifle it's a steal.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

I have that gun, and like it quite a bit. I got mine at wal-mart too and for the price it's hard to beat.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:38 PM

I have shot an elk and 2 deer with mine (didnt buy at wallyworld cuz they had it packaged with a cheezy scope) Plus, I wanted to give my home boys the biz. I trusted them to mount & bore sight the new leupold VX-I I also bought there.
My brother bought the same gun only the wally world package. We met at the range. He junked the scope took it to our homey's and had her bore sighted and mounted with the same leupold as me. Back at the range a week or so later we both were driving tacks with that setup. Now, I'm longing for classic wood again and have my eyes on bigger and prettier things such as: Mannlicher-Schoenauers, Weatherby's, Kimbers, Remington 700 deluxes and the like. The shadow is a great gun and a great value, but leaves me cold aesthetically speaking. At the time though, I needed a new scope, binoculars, quiet waterproof camo, and on and on.
So, it was all I could afford. this year all I need is the new gun...YIPPEEEEE.

Quick Reply: Winchester Super Shadow Opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.