Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Single action 44's

Old 07-01-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Single action 44's

Hi,
I'm thinking about getting a single action 44Mag. Ruger.
Ruger has two single actions that I'm looking at.Has anyone got the Bisley 44 hunter,or the Reg.Super Black Hawk 44mag?
Which do ya'll experts think is the best?

Old 07-01-2005, 09:25 PM

Default RE: Single action 44's

I like the Blackhawk.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its really just a matter of how they feel in your hand. Both are quality Firearms. ee if you can find a gunshop with a range that will let you shoot the guns you are interested in. We have one that will let you try about anything that they sell.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted with the Super Black Hawk in 44 Mag. that was purchased in 76. Very accurate and dependable with super knock down power. The only disadvantage is the light weight compared to the Red Hawk. A bit more recoil, but it is still very manageable.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all depends how the grip frame feels to you.They are the same gun with different grips. The hunter models are available in the standard or Bisley frame. My hunter has the standard grip frame.I like both frames so it didn't matter which I got. I found the standard one first.You willbe the one shooting it so you'll have to decide which you prefer.Which ever you go with I think you'll be more then satisfied with one of the SBH's.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-16-2005, 09:36 AM

my buddy has two twin ruger black hawks and man are they some fine lookin guns id sell my left arm for one.but ive shoot them several time and theyre remarkable pistols, shoot great to.but what would you use them for hunting more than likely rigth, if thats the case id go with the hunter model, but both would suit you for great revolvers.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag with a regular grip. Til death do us part. From 44 special to 300 grain magnums, it is easy and fun to shoot.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not into single actions, but if I wereprobably the super red hawk will be my pick.

Just my 2 cents....
Old 07-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have 2 matching ruger SBH(I sold one to my dad,another to a buddy).They were remakeble guns with open sights I could shoot3 inch groups at 50 yds,and I'm talking 5 shot groups.
They were the older flat-tops,no saftey so I never carried a shell under the hammer.
I had alot of fun with those guns,I would hold 1 in each hand and shoot the heck out of milk juggs full of Jell-O.
I harvested 1-buck and a cow elk with them,and I have no complaints.I have been wanting a Super BH hunter for a few years but yet to buy one.
Good guns,well built and well worth it.
BBJ
Old 07-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WA7MM

I'm not into single actions, but if I wereprobably the super red hawk will be my pick.

Just my 2 cents....
WA7MM the Super Redhawk (and Redhawk) aredouble actions.Along with theGP 100and SP101's.The Bearcat's,Vaquero's, Blackhawk's and Super Blackhak's are Ruger's Single actions.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: Single action 44's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.