Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

browning rifles

Old 07-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: browning rifles

Boy oh boy, are you discovering the missing link!! I guess you know where to find thousands of them righ now huh? Stick to what you can find in the shelves of gun shops. Besides, if they no longer have the FN Browning'sis because you people prefer to save a dollar than paying for quality craftsmanship.

Of course FN Brownings were better, actually, Browning's Belgian superposed are far better than those "Miroku citori's" made in Japan. You can still buy one of these superposed if you're willing to pay the price, or you can buy a cheap O/U and save a buck or two.

The point of the tread is if the actual browning's were good or not, and if they were worth the price.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:24 PM

Ok, I'll comment on the above. I think that the browning line of hunting rifles start in the mid $500.00 range for the non-boss rifles. I think the finish on the guns is very nice, I think the magazine design is also nice andit does work. The browning triggers I've seen are adjustable by the owner, and seemed ok to me. The bolt throw is short and the bolt is very smooth. They generally shoulder well for me. I think I'd have toget into the same price range to get a rifle from any major manufacturer to get a gun with this quality. Looking at lightweight hunting rifles for instance: Browning Micro Hunter = $549.99 , Remington 700 MountainRifle DM = $594.00 Ruger compact = $499.99. Other are mostly right in that price range.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:34 AM

WA do you actually believe yourself? Calling the Miroku guns "less quality" than the FN built guns is ludicrous. Unquestionably they both are FINE QUALITY arms, but there is no discernable difference between the two, certainly not enough to call one a lesser gun. The whole "Belgian Browning" hype has always been comical too me, there hasn't been a dimes difference in them it was all just marketing and even racism as folks wanted everyone to believe that Europeans could build guns better than the Japanese. Look at the rest of the products that come from Japan. Lexus has single handidly KICKED Mercedes and BMWs arse into the weeds and their cars are typically only 50-75% the cost of their European counterparts. A Nikon Monarch Gold is as good a scope as ANYTHING from europe and costs less than half!

My nearly 30 year old Miroku Citori hand me down is as tight and exact today as the day it came over on the boat. And it is a HUNTING gun whose bluing is silvered and the wood is dinged, hell at one time it had camo tape on it and was used to shoot steel at ducks with in the early 90s. It is one of my most favored guns. The other Brownings I have are equally great pieces as well. Sure if you are looking strictly at value and collector pieces from a strict monetary point of view then you should pick euro Brownings. I personally like to find the Miroku built A5s and early bolt guns because they can be bought for half or less what their euro counterparts are sold for! Likewise my SS Abolt 7mag is probably the gun I would stick with if for some reason I had to get rid of all my other rifles. It's just TOUGH and shoots like a dream. My sons have a BLR22 and it shoots as well as my tack drivin 10-22.

Now Tikka wise, let me say I really like the guns quality and they shoot circles around most costing twice as much. BUT they are ugly as homemade sin and like was said, I HATE a gun that uses one size for all actions. That was my complaint with the first run of Sako FinnLights, they put longactions on the WSMs. I know it's for cost savings and Tikka is Sakos value line. But they just are so dad blamed featureless and fugly. I consider them a "European Savage". BUT like I said, they shoot well and too alot of hunters that's all that matters and you can kind of use my "fugly woman good in the kitchen/bedroom" analogy with Tikka as well. Since they aren't a true shortaction I would stick with the good ol 7mag in a SS T3 Lite.

Good luck,
RA

ps
WA if a "Miroku Citori" is your definition of cheap I would hate to see your excuse for expensive []
Old 07-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a Browning A bolt in a 300 wsm .... love it !

DD
Old 07-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got A Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in a .338 Win Mag.....
I bought it second hand paid $1000.00..CND.Included in that price was a 1.5-6 x 36mm Leupold VX 3 scope and a Mcmillan synthetic stock...
It was shot a total of 8 times when I bought it..The recoil was to much for the prvious hunter.That was the only reason he sold it.
I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.The deal was too good for me to pass up...
Ilike the gun like the looks..IFeel it is very well made and the fact that it is made for extreme conditions is awsome.
I'd use it alot more if it was a 30-06...
Old 07-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Red:

No, I don't think Miroku Citoris are cheap, but I do think FN Brownings are better. I have owned both Japanese and Belgian made Brownings and at the end of the road I still own 2 of the FN ones.

One of the O/U had probably 10 to 12 thousand rounds trough it and still have a perfect fit and feel on the hands.......

Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a new A-bolt .308 Medallion for $649.00 Gun looks very nice, just need to mount the scope on it, and start the shooting