Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

browning rifles

Old 06-05-2005, 10:27 PM

Default browning rifles

well since this is the review section, can someone please review the browning line of rifles and their good/bad experiances? im looking for either a 30-06, .270, or 3.08, or 7mm rem mag

how do these rifles compare to the tikka line?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: browning rifles

Browning makes a good gun, however I think the A bolts are over priced. I like the 60 degree bolt throw they have, but I prefer the Rugers over the Brownings. The Tikkas are good guns also, probably a better gun for the money, they are cheaper then the Brownings. As for the calibers you listed I would go with the 30-06. It is the most versatile caliber on the market, you can get factory ammo from 55gr to 220gr and ammo is found in every little gun shop from the east coast to the west coast. If you reload the choices are endless the 30 caliber has the largest bullet selection on the market. The .308 is a great choice but its only advantage over the 30-06 is a short action. The 7mm mag is a great flat shooting gun very versatile an has a large bullet variety also. I personally don't care for the .270, it is a great caliber but anything it will do the 30-06 will do better. As far as reloading goes the variety is very small compared to the 7mms and 30 calibers and you are limited to lower weight bullets.

That’s my opinion.

Good luck
Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 AM
bigcountry

For the price, I love brownings. Alot of plus's.

three bolt lug
60 degree throw
sako type spring extractor
Usually comes freefloated and somewhat glass bedded
Usually very light
Metal parts like trigger guard
Never had a problem getting one to shoot
A-Bolt standard wood is around 550 walmart prices

tikka
Sure, they are accurate. But I could easily match on my brownings
Good price
Ugly tupperware gear on it
Thats about it.

Would het a Howa before I got any tikka. Then any browning before I got the tikka. Would buy a savage before I bought the tika. Then maybe I would buy the tikka.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundigest

Browning makes a good gun, however I think the A bolts are over priced. I like the 60 degree bolt throw they have, . As for the calibers you listed I would go with the 30-06. It is the most versatile caliber on the market, you can get factory ammo from 55gr to 220gr and ammo is found in every little gun shop from the east coast to the west coast. If you reload the choices are endless the 30 caliber has the largest bullet selection on the market. I personally don't care for the .270, it is a great caliber but anything it will do the 30-06 will do better. As far as reloading goes the variety is very small compared to the 7mms and 30 calibers and you are limited to lower weight bullets.

That’s my opinion.

finally someone else who thinks the same way i do about the '06. the a-bolts are good guns but i would personally like a remington 700. if the a-bolts were less i would definately choose it but they're a tad out of my price range. but heck yeah go for the 30-06. it's a great north american hunting cartridge... none better in my opinion for all around versatilitly.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:42 PM

All the calibers you show are good ones, personally I like the 7mag the most. I have a tikka t-3 in ss/syn in 7 mag and am very happy wih it. I spent a lot of time looking at all the other production rifles and ended up with the tikka. It has many great features at a fair price.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:53 PM
bigcountry

many great features
I think i am just missing the boat on this gun. What are these great features except accuacy guarantee? Is it the one size fits all action?

Old 06-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Brownings overpriced? Not at all, they are very accurate dependable rifles. I think the White Gold Medallion is the most beautyful rifle you can find in that price range ($1000).

Most A-Bolt rifles go for $800 or less. Sure you can find more affordable rifles but it all comes to what you want and how much you want to spend on it.

On caliber, the 7mm Rem is one hell of a shooter, flat and hard hitter. But if you're hunting in a heavy wooded area I will go for the good 'ol 30-06.

Just my 2 cents......
Old 06-06-2005, 04:21 PM
bigcountry

Shoot, 800 dollars, thats too high. Go to wally world.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2685066

Old 06-06-2005, 04:23 PM
bigcountry

goodness the Model 7's are even more than the brownings.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3170035

Old 06-06-2005, 05:37 PM

The Brownings that I own all have smooth actions, are very accurate, are well balanced, they come to the shoulder nicely and look good too.

I admit that they're just a few dollars more than a Winchester, Remington or Tikka not a lot more and IMO they're worth the difference in price.

Quick Reply: browning rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.