Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point handguns

Old 05-29-2005, 06:55 PM

Default RE: Hi Point handguns

Only because the Hi Point are too big to hide in a pocket . . . . They're both junk.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a feeling if Glocks cost only $150, they would be junk to you too because the 'wrong' people would be buying them
Old 05-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing the Hi Point is made here in Ohio and the Jennings is now made in texas and called Hemines or somthing like that

Johnch
Old 05-30-2005, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi-Point comes with a lifetime warranty, and made in America, that should be worth something. I don't see much wrong with them for a cheap gun, they shoot decent and seem to be very reliable, they just don't carry a hefty price tag IMO.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:38 AM

No this is not a joke. The 9mm compact is not that big, and the one I shot did quite well. A friend has a Glock .40 and we were shooting at the same time. The Glock kept jamming and the Hi-Point never jammed. I just don't have mega-bucks to spend and I'm not planning on entering any shooting contests with the thing. I already have a S&W 38 special and I just want a second gun for back up.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Glock kept jamming and the Hi-Point never jammed.
Thats hard for me to believe. I have never had a jam in a Glock, but the Hi-Point I shot was jamming at least once every magazine. That was with FMJ ammo which is hard to get to jam.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: banjo201

No this is not a joke. A friend has a Glock .40 and we were shooting at the same time. The Glock kept jamming and the Hi-Point never jammed.
Banjo are you sure you're not getting these mixed up? A Glock jammimg.I'm finding this hard swallow.No comparison between a Glock and a Hi Point. Cadillac vs a Yugo

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-30-2005, 11:09 AM

Quote from my father: "There are certain things in life that you always want to spend the money to get a quality item. Tires and handguns are on that list . . . ."
Old 05-30-2005, 02:37 PM
RPL

I've only handled one Hi Point and never have fired one so I don't know how reliable they are but my impression was that it was heavy, clunky and low quality.
If ost is an issue, why don't you consider a used 38 cal. revolver. If you shop around, you should be able to pick one up for a decent price.
I would certainly trust my life to a high quality used revolver over a new Hi Point.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd venture to say that most blasting the Hi-Points have never handled one. I teach the owner's son in school right now, and have owned a couple of them. I've never had a failure or jam.

They are heavy.
They are ugly.
They are well put-together.
They are a little bulky.

If you want a gun for conceal/carry, it's not your gun. If you want a gun for plinking or home defense....I wouldn't steer you away. I've never personally seen a failure, and I've been around them a lot.

Like I said...I doubt most have shot one...and they're the Hyundai of handguns, not the Cadillac.

Quick Reply: Hi Point handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.