Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Feedback
Do you think this product is needed? >

Do you think this product is needed?

Feedback Exchange information about your transactions, both positive and negative.
View Poll Results: Is this product needed?
Yes, it will be helpful
0%
Maybe, more details and research will tell
0%
No, it is useless
100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think this product is needed?

Old 07-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Spike

Default Do you think this product is needed?

Hello, everyone!

My name is Slavik and I am working on development of the technology that may have some benefits for hunters.

The idea behind this technology is to prevent unintentional harm during recreational activities involving firearms, like hunting. I heard cases where hunters accidentally shot other hunters or people nearby by mistaking them for wildlife or just as a consequence of adverse events.

We came up with the system that will prevent weapon from shooting when it is pointed at an individual wearing a special vest or jacket.
The product has three components:
  • Laser attachment placed on the firearm, sends the signal in the direction where firearm is pointed.
  • Vest or jacket with receivers.
  • Locker that will lock the safety on the firearm.

What do you think about this product? Is there need for it?
Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO< its something that would just never work out in the real world, as many reasons come to mind
first off, your not going to get many folks to wear it, too many folks have there hunting gear(and public in general)
so, that will be a huge problem right off the bat, next is your going to have to sum how modify a LOT of firearms, and that is also something I gather most folks won;'t want to do!
IMO< rather than trying to invent something to prevent this from happening, maybe just spend more time learning HOW to use a firearm safely!
untill you can change the mind set of folks(nearly impossible too)
adding more steps to things, is never going to make it better!

the simple fact is, guns seldom EVER go off on there own, it take s a person to make them go off, and humans, make mistakes!, many don't bother to learn basic's, making it even worse!

I would much rather see , better TESTING< for gun owners, before being allowed to own firearms, a drivers test for vehicle,s why not a mandated one for gun owners!
I know this doesn't be liked by a lot of folks, this idea!
But after selling firearms for a LONG time, I really started to eel it should be there!
Add in doing range work and seeing folks shooting with little to NO training, or learning what is safe or not< and ???

making a laser or some other device ?? is NOT a viable solution at all IMO, just not going to work on the folks that have low skills and desire to learn any!, they won't wear it or buy it! IMO!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

One of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard!
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Why is it dumb? How many law enforcement and military lives have been lost in crossfire situations? If somehow this technology can be integrated in bullet proof vest, it would have an instant market I believe. Hunters could use them at hunting clubs, leases where members would have to wear such vest and there weapons posses the technology that makes it work.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only thing I want to stop my guns from firing is me, not some signal coming off someones vest. In addition, this kind of nonsense doesn't do a thing for for the appearance and reputation of hunters. Yeah they are so stupid and careless they need to wear devices and put devices on their firearms to keep them from shooting each other. I stand by my initial post. I suspect the op never hunted or even handles firearms.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only thing I want to stop my guns from firing is me, not some signal coming off someones vest locking up my gun. In addition, this kind of nonsense doesn't do a thing for for the appearance and reputation of hunters. Yeah they are so stupid and careless they need to wear devices and put devices on their firearms to keep them from shooting each other. I stand by my initial post. I suspect the op never hunted or even handled firearms.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
Why is it dumb? How many law enforcement and military lives have been lost in crossfire situations? If somehow this technology can be integrated in bullet proof vest, it would have an instant market I believe. Hunters could use them at hunting clubs, leases where members would have to wear such vest and there weapons posses the technology that makes it work.
and then what happens when criminals wear them?
sadly, all things like this, end up being used in the wrong way.

Gun safety is a basic thing that can prevent accidents,
KNOW your target 100% before point a gun at it!
treat every gun as loaded, and LEARN basic gun common scene and safe handling, will prevent most all SO called accidental shootings!
I do not see something like this, from preventing say a KID getting access to a gun, or a person with NO gun training or knowledge from stopping to shot a person by ACCIDENT or other wise
gun owners are a small percentage of humans on this planet, , so that means MOST would never be wearing any device to STOP a gun from being fired at them!

if you think a Vest like this will prevent a stray bullet in a combat or like shooting, your NUTS, it just might end up getting more folks killed when you cannot stop a threat!
in combat and war times and the likes Innocent folks will always be a possible outcome, sadly, its the nature of that beast!
a device like the above would NOT help the random casualty from stray bullets, as again, MOST all average folks wouldn;t be wearing the devise in the first place!

I won't call the idea stupid, I just think it would never work out , to many flaws in the idea!
and honestly, I think the world is always trying to reinvent things to solve simple problems by making complicated devices.
as again,m BASIC< gun safety prevents accidental shootings if the steps are followed!
I have NEVER seen a person in all my yrs hunting/living that looked like a turkey or a deer? or a TARGET!
and thus, I have NOT accidentally shot anyone because of being 100% sure of my targets, and the same can happen for ANYONE that follows this simple gun safety rule, NO device needed!
be a responsible gun owner and follow basic safety rules and accidents will be a LOT fewer!
Old 07-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I also don't know any law enforcement officers or military who would want anyone controlling their duty weapons but them.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

I am pretty sure, technology like this is a little over either of you two's ability, for that mater mine also. But to call someone's idea dumb, is well, not only close minded , but also ignorant and short sighted. Technology is moving at an amazing rate and if there was smart weapons that could detect friendly forces in harms way that is a good thing. When you say that each person would not give up their control of their weapon, you are thinking in the past few decades, not into the future.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK , you give up control of your firearm, I will not. Technology is not the know all be all solution for everything on the planet. I trust me more than I trust some gizzmo. I put this idea on the same plane as self driving cars, which have already killed people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.