Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Feedback
Outfitter Review >

Outfitter Review

Feedback Exchange information about your transactions, both positive and negative.

Outfitter Review

Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Spike

Smile Outfitter Review

Since I can not find a specific Outfitter Review forum here, I will put this here.
I just returned from a Black Bear Hunt in Cochrane, Ontario, Canada with Mike McNay and Cantraps Northern Adventures....what an awesome, awesome experience!

Mike stumbled upon a diamond in the rough. He has the sole rights to the BMA in the Cochrane area, which has NEVER been outfitted professionally before....the guy is covered up in bears and so are his hunters! One guy in camp with us actually had one climb the tree with him not once, but twice before he terminated the bear....He actually threw his coat over the bear the second time while trying to load his gun!

With a ton of berries all over up there, Mike's baits were still being hit regularly! My wife shot her first big game animal on this trip, and, of course, it had to be 4 # heavier then mine, but, that is o.k....now she is hooked.

Accommadations were great as was the hospitality...just can't say enough! Cantrap is part of the forums here on huntingnet, so, look him up. If you want more info, PM me and I will be happy to fill you in....we have already booked for next year again!!!

Last edited by Robbi; 08-23-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a great hunt, would love to see pictures.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bchunts
Sounds like a great hunt, would love to see pictures.
bc-planning to put some up here just as soon as my wife turns over the SD card....she is too busy bragging herself at work right now!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Robbi
bc-planning to put some up here just as soon as my wife turns over the SD card....she is too busy bragging herself at work right now!
Good for her, sounds like you have a new partner in the woods.
Thanks!
Brian
Old 08-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Spike

Here are some pictures of our bears....not the biggest, but, for our first bears, we were very happy! Trust me, I have seen the trail camera pictures and Mike has alot of big bears up there!
Attached Thumbnails Outfitter Review-cantrap-2.jpg   Outfitter Review-cantrap-5.jpg   Outfitter Review-bigboy1.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats again, they will make some fine rugs.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Rob, Cantrap's is 9 bears for 10 hunters so far, and the guy that didn't shoot passed up 2 small ones and a 250 lber. He'll get one next season...