HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Had some 3D fun today.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 PM
jmbuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default Had some 3D fun today.

Greg/MO, mobow, and a friend of his Pauland I went to a 3D shoot near Alton, IL today. Then when we were finished, we found out momightymight and the Other Mo Bowhunter had showed up too. They were supposed to meet us at McDonalds at 8:30 and follow us there. We waited for them for a while and then we gave them a wake up call. They said it was raining by them. I told them it had stopped here so the decided to make a late trip out of it.

Here is mobow shooting at a small deer. He told us it was 67 yards after the shot.

This is Paul shooting at the same deer. He said more like 92 yards.

Here is Greg shooting at a havelina, at 50 yards I believe he said.

We all started off shooting a little poorly. This was onlyGregs 6th 3D ever and Don and myself hadn't shot one since The Mosquito Plagued HNI shoot last June. But we all settled down and started ripping off 10's. The footing was trecherous after the rains all week, lots of slipping and sliding. But it was a good time and I had fun shooting with some neat friends from HNI. Greg even drove up last night from Jackson, MO and spent the night at my house, so he could sleep in a little longer this morning. Something about not being a morning person.

We even ended up bringing home some HARDWARE. Greg won 1st place, he got a neat plaque,and I ended upfinishing in third, I got a not as neat plaque[:'(]. Not bad fora guy in his 6th 3D Tourney ever, nice shootin' Greg.

By the way the Bowtechs beat up on the Hoyt and the Ross(Bowtech) today.

P.S. Matt/PA, Greg says you better watch out he's gunning for you next.