Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > FAQ
Arrows and Broadheads... PLEASE HELP!! >

Arrows and Broadheads... PLEASE HELP!!

Arrows and Broadheads... PLEASE HELP!!

Old 07-31-2015, 02:26 PM
Spike

Default Arrows and Broadheads... PLEASE HELP!!

Hey guys and gals, I currently shoot a Mission Craze at 26" draw pulling about 60-65 pounds. I currently shoot GT expedition hunter arrows and g5 havoc heads. I want to change my entire setup.... Any thoughts? New arrow and new broadhead. I like the Vaps as well as the maxima reds and have considered the pile drivers... But I will consider any arrow. Also, is a heavy arrow, like the pile driver going to drop a lot more than light arrows?
Thanks, CG
Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

First off there is nothing wrong with your GTs nor with your choice of BHs. I shoot my Mathews Chill @ 65# with a 29" draw and I shoot GT Hunter 7595s. They are a bit heavily spined for my set up but they shoot great. My choice of BH is the Slick Trick Viper Trick.
A heavier arrow will definitely drop more and you will lose about 1 fps fro every 5 gr of arrow weight. But looking at the other side of the coin with a heavier arrow you will get more penetration and your bow will shoot quieter and there will be less stress on your limbs.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

nothing wrong with wanting to shoot something different.
i've been through just about every composite easton arrow and keep settling on the axis. the fjm is a heavier arrow and it definitely doesn't shoot as flat and i have to set up for shots 4-5 yards closer to get them on plane with my axis.
basically... heavy arrows are all the hype but an arrow that matches my bow better and shoots more accurate seems like a better plan to me.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:46 AM
Spike

Try Element Arrows. They are new to the industry, but their products are stronger than most arrows, stabilize faster than anything and transfer energy better than any other arrow on the market. I'm shooting the Typhoon and I think it's by far the best arrow available.

As for broadheads...
Old 06-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Spike

Also, a heavier arrow will definitely drop more at distance, however, they have more energy and get better penetration on both short and long shots.