Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

best chainsaws?

Old 06-25-2021, 12:34 AM
Spike

Default best chainsaws?

Can you advise me for best chainsaw brands?
Old 06-29-2021, 01:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cut firewood for market from sept thru march, Best saw I have found for average size timber and cutting wood is the Husqvarna 562 XP, an awesome lightweight saw with a great weight to HP ratio
Old 06-29-2021, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

the best brands is really not the question to be asking, as ALL good Brands these days make CHEAP JUNKY models and then they make more higher grade model saws
so the question to be asked , if you wanted to find the BETTER SAW for YOU!~
would be to tell us what all you need a saw for? HOW much will you use it, and on how large of tree's
and what your skill sets are wiwtha saw !

as TOO big a saw for a new person can lead to getting hurt

That said, the three brands I consider worth buying are Echo, Husqvarna and Stihl

one advantage I have found using many NEWER (last 10 yrs) of , Echo branded saws is they have MUCH longer warranty's (5 yrs, as to most other 2 yr)
and they have been holding up very well for MILD use!!

If your going to be using a LOT< then you really should invest in a PRO grade saw, they cost more for a reason!

if you only plan to cut a few things and never use again
many times a cheap throw away model will get the job done , but know it going in, that they are NOT great saw's and won't hold up all that great 99% of the time! and why there as cheap as they are!
Old 08-01-2021, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to cut a lot of wood and have a collection of top-of-the-line saws. I also have a really old Poulan trimming saw. That old Poulan has outlasted numerous saws. Out in the woods when a saw inevitably craps out I always have that antique Poulan with me as a spare.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

I've said it before on here. I pick up every cheap poulan I find at garage sales etc. They don't run as nice as my Husqvarna, but they run. And run. And run. And it saves allot of wear on my better saws.

Usually use them for lighter stuff.

-Jake
Old 08-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

I've said it before on here. I pick up every cheap poulan I find at garage sales etc. They don't run as nice as my Husqvarna, but they run. And run. And run. And it saves allot of wear on my better saws.

Usually use them for lighter stuff.

-Jake
Old 08-07-2021, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your 2nd "repeat" post was completely factual--you did say it before.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by elkman30
Your 2nd "repeat" post was completely factual--you did say it before.

Gotta keep the post count up.

-Jake
Old 12-15-2021, 08:00 AM
Dominant Buck

My first saw was a 18 inch Poulan that I bought at a home center along with a Troy built horse tiller. Both the saw and tiller gave me good use for 30 plus years. When the poulan died I went with a Stihl 18 inch. That saw served me well but after 10 years kept needing to go to the shop. I picked up an echo 18 inch saw about 5 years ago and it runs and starts great. It was a cheaper saw than the Stihl but performed on par.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Just picked up another poulan the other day! Was sitting out in someone's trash.

Haven't messed with it yet. Parts if nothing else.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.