Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

New forum

Old 04-04-2015, 04:57 AM
Banned

There's are threads every day that I don't care for. I exercise the option of not reading or not replying to them. It's pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

x2. if you don't like what we have right to say , ignore it. no one is yelling fire in a crowded theater . it's not a complicated idea to grasp.

it may just be that there are others who read , that like the aspect of the religious arguments

TG as I stated above ,I am not opposed to a religion forum. in fact ,I welcome it.what I oppose is the OPs attempt to censor that which he does not agree with, because it offends his delicate sensibilities.you see , it is not enough for those who hate hearing about GOD , to ignore it. they must do what they can to , censor it.

Last edited by kidoggy; 04-04-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:21 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If you have ever helped set up a 3D course for a tournament, you will get this analogy all too well.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, you absolutely can't make everyone happy. It's going to be too hard, or too easy. The shots will be too long, or too close. Too brushy, or too wide open. Too many deer targets, or not enough deer targets. Too many big targets, too many small targets, too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too hilly, too flat...it just seems that some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

The kicker is that normally the ones that complain the most contribute the least. You won't catch them volunteering to help set targets, clear lanes, put out shooting stakes, work registration, build trophies...but they will dang sure put in overtime when it comes to complaining about something. If it were up to them to actually do the work, there would never be a tournament to begin with...but they sure won't hesitate to tell you how you should be doing it, and point out everything they think you are doing wrong.

You finally quit trying to cater to every squeaky wheel and just do the best you know how to do. Legitimate criticism by people who genuinely want to help make it better will always be welcome, but the rest just aggravates.

My two cents.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never mind, as it's obviously a waste of time when you don't want to read what is actually being stated! All I'm saying is that you had no right to make accusations against our female member regarding this topic when you don't have any idea whether it's true or not, but you skipped that entire reason for why I actually made that post to you!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-04-2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Original post would have got me banned!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:49 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Never mind, as it's obviously a waste of time when you don't want to read what is actually being stated!
As you just did.

All I'm saying is that you had no right to make accusations against our female member regarding this topic when you don't have any idea whether it's true or not,...
Maybe, just maybe, I know a lot more than you do. I could be wrong that in this particular instance a p.m. wasn't sent by the individual I suspect. Whether I am or not, you obviously have no clue as to what's gone on in the past. I do.

... you skipped that entire reason for why I actually made that post to you!
No, I just didn't give the answer you wanted to hear. Big difference.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Again you're telling me what I know and don't know when you have no absolutely no idea or facts in order to make a statement like that! Read that last tagline of yours Bro, as it's very appropriate here in that's your opinion and nothing more. In that last post you have now even admitted you could be wrong, etc. and that is absolutely spot on, unless she or Oldtimr tell you you're correct in your suspicion, which is all it is at the present time. Anyway, the last I knew there is only ONE "all knowing" and it certainly isn't you Bro! Have a nice Easter weekend and you can have a last word or two if you so choose, as I'm outa here!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kidoggy
There's are threads every day that I don't care for. I exercise the option of not reading or not replying to them. It's pretty simple.
x2. if you don't like what we have right to say , ignore it. no one is yelling fire in a crowded theater . it's not a complicated idea to grasp.

it may just be that there are others who read , that like the aspect of the religious arguments

***If that were the case, then why aren't a lot more than the 2 or 3 of you getting involved in the discussion?! It would seem that the lack of most of the members getting involved in those discussions when the 2 or 3 of you hijack a thread and take it down the religious path would correlate with exactly what Oltimr is saying. He is not saying that you should be censored, but rather to just have that discussion in an appropriate thread and quit hijackjacking other threads!

TG as I stated above ,I am not opposed to a religion forum. in fact ,I welcome it.what I oppose is the OPs attempt to censor that which he does not agree with, because it offends his delicate sensibilities.you see , it is not enough for those who hate hearing about GOD , to ignore it. they must do what they can to , censor it.[/QUOTE]

***See above comment!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:13 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Again you're telling me what I know...
I know I haven't told you, and I'm pretty sure HNI Administration hasn't told you, so yeah...I'm comfortable with that.

...as it's very appropriate here in that's your opinion and nothing more.
Ok, you tell me that you have been talking to HNI, or better yet p.m. me with specifics concerning what I was talking about, and I'll publicly apologize. I was just explaining my statement, and if you knew as much as you think you do then I wouldn't have needed to explain it.

...and quit hijackjacking other threads!
As if those are the only threads that get "highjacked", or that it's only 2 or 3 that do it. Any thread that gets any amount of posts is pretty much guaranteed to take off in any given direction. What is ironic is I don't see any complaints about all those other ones.

If that were the case, then why aren't a lot more than the 2 or 3 of you getting involved in the discussion?!
Seems there is a grand total of 2 complaining here...so what is the point? Using your own standards, it's nothing to be concerned over.

I could fill a page naming things that aren't political that get discussed on the political board. Like I said, if I don't want to read them, I don't. If I don't want to reply, I don't. Nobody is forcing anyone to read or reply if they don't want to.

Funny thing, the one topic that gets "highjacked" that the two of you are referring to isn't a political topic--so why aren't you complaining about it being posted in the first place?
Old 04-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Banned

**If that were the case, then why aren't a lot more than the 2 or 3 of you getting involved in the discussion?! It would seem that the lack of most of the members getting involved in those discussions when the 2 or 3 of you hijack a thread and take it down the religious path would correlate with exactly what Oltimr is saying. He is not saying that you should be censored, but rather to just have that discussion in an appropriate thread and quit hijackjacking other threads!

lol. why aren't more then a few getting involved in virtually every thread? look through the political threads and you will see it is generally only about 15 or so of the same people posting in every thread.why is that? methinks it's because no one cares.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LBR
I know I haven't told you, and I'm pretty sure HNI Administration hasn't told you, so yeah...I'm comfortable with that.

***Do you think you and HNI are the only ones that are in the know? If you do, you are way wrong on that Bro! Again, you have no way of knowing what I know about anything unless I tell you and even then as pompous and "all knowing" as you seem to think you are, you wouldn't believe it anyway!

Ok, you tell me that you have been talking to HNI, or better yet p.m. me with specifics concerning what I was talking about, and I'll publicly apologize. I was just explaining my statement, and if you knew as much as you think you do then I wouldn't have needed to explain it.

***You haven't explained anything and if you're so "all knowing" why would I need to do either. As far as you issuing an apology when you obviously never think you're wrong on anything that's discussed, that apology will probably be when pigs fly, LOL!

As if those are the only threads that get "highjacked", or that it's only 2 or 3 that do it. Any thread that gets any amount of posts is pretty much guaranteed to take off in any given direction. What is ironic is I don't see any complaints about all those other ones.

***So just because things happen in other Forums and are allowed means you can do whatever you want huh? I'm going to tell you a little secret Bro. I had a chat with HNI Christine some time ago about how the site is run and her comment back was that the Moderators on this website are so different in the extremes that they oversee the Forums they're responsible for that it's impossible to have any kind of uniformity. It's no wonder there are things that go on in a few Forums and nothing is said, but yet others get all kind of deletions and warnings given for what seem to be very minor things.

Seems there is a grand total of 2 complaining here...so what is the point? Using your own standards, it's nothing to be concerned over.

***You have no idea what my standards are because you're not me! So how many members will it take to be concerned? 2, 20, 200? What is ironic is that you can't see the forest for the trees because you will never admit you're wrong about anything. IMHO that's a very sad thing for such a religious person who's in your capacity on this site!

I could fill a page naming things that aren't political that get discussed on the political board. Like I said, if I don't want to read them, I don't. If I don't want to reply, I don't. Nobody is forcing anyone to read or reply if they don't want to.

Funny thing, the one topic that gets "highjacked" that the two of you are referring to isn't a political topic--so why aren't you complaining about it being posted in the first place?
***Huh? It's in the Political Forum, so unless you start reading through it one would think that it would or should involve politics at some point---comprehend amigo? Probably not! This is obviously a losing battle on my part because your reading comprehension is such that nothing is absorbed unless it's something you agree with and that is very obvious in reading most of your posts. Take care and please don't bother to respond any longer because we are getting nowhere fast and it's become a waste of my valuable time!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kidoggy
**If that were the case, then why aren't a lot more than the 2 or 3 of you getting involved in the discussion?! It would seem that the lack of most of the members getting involved in those discussions when the 2 or 3 of you hijack a thread and take it down the religious path would correlate with exactly what Oltimr is saying. He is not saying that you should be censored, but rather to just have that discussion in an appropriate thread and quit hijackjacking other threads!

lol. why aren't more then a few getting involved in virtually every thread? look through the political threads and you will see it is generally only about 15 or so of the same people posting in every thread.why is that? methinks it's because no one cares.
15 or so is certainly a lot more than the 2 or 3 of you that get going on what we're talking about that could at least go in the Off Seasons Forum with your 26 pages of Bible verses so we know there will be no politics involved and we can stay away from said Forum if we deem to do so! That is exactly why I think the suggestion by Oldtimr is appropriate for the very few of you who wish to go that route. That's not censorship, but rather just putting a subject in the proper place. You have a good weekend too, as I need to get things done now before the big games start in a couple hours.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-04-2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.