Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

Spammers

Old 08-07-2015, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Spammers

Spammers seem to use for the most part screen names that ends in shh. If the site could be ste up to not allow posts from screen names that end in shh it could cut down on that gargage considerably. I an not fluent in computer so I don;t know if it is possible, but if it is, it may help.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

When we see them we move the thread or post and then ban the poster. Admin has the ability to put together the similar IP addresses and take additional action.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

I asked about that back in May and was told that it wasn't workable by Admin. On a positive note, Admin has agreed to ban spammer email domain names such as "@spammerdomainnamesareus" etc. and that remediation effort is working very well. Yes, spammers can figure out they need to use different email domain names but they could also figure out to use something besides "shh" in their name as well. It's basically the same concept, applied at the other end of the email registration name. So far, it has substantially reduced spammers. No system is perfect but this really seems to be a workable fix.