Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Enhancement Request / Wish List
An explaination regarding the off season forum >

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Old 05-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! I am stunned, and appalled, that after all the years I have been here at HNI that "Off Season" has come to this. Almost too shocked for words, but I'll squeeze a few out. Most of you know me to some degree. From my few postings over the years, or from help I've given with pic posting, or various internet issues to help navigate the site better. I am probably one of the more lenient mods on the site. My tolerance level to the off season lunacy is somewhat higher than some. I am more apt to let something slide, as long as certain rules are not crossed, but do have my breaking point. I have admonished a number of folks over the years and have chased through the wee hours a handful who incessantly created new handles to get back in after a ban. I understand that when hunting season is over, folks have less to do. Attendance picks up, attitudes tend to flare, and wild hairs seems to grow. It has happened every year since I have been here. There have been a few major flareups over the years where members received bans and others followed of their own accord. Most ended up coming back, and some were banned for life. On the internet, as in any walk of life, there has to be a guideline of behavior that is acceptable. In the walk of life it may change given the situation, (ie. Adult only gatherings). Whereas, on the internet we have to realize that we adults are setting the example for the children that are coming here to learn from us. Even with the moderators, every one is different and will do their job as they perceive it within the set guidelines. Some will come across in a more acceptable fashion than others. Some will be more liked than others. That is life.

I have very much enjoyed my years here at HNI. Watching some of the kids grow to become adults. And the older folks getting even older. lolol I have met some of you at Gatherings, and some that have come to hunt with our company. Creating lifelong friendships. All enjoyable experiences.

Not having the Off Season Forum is like removing the Family Room or Den from your home, and only having a Formal Living Room to relax in. It has always been a comfortable place to come to, kick off your shoes, tell the joke of the day, or the trials of your life. A place that was fun to be and share time with your internet family. There will always be those that will push the limits, be it on the road breaking laws, or the net breaking rules.

We all need to work together to keep HNI an informative, fun place, for all to enjoy, relax, and learn.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Well said deerdust. We need the off season bck up and running. I have a wife to give away and it doesn't even have to be to a good home.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

a agree with ya DD..
i agree with most who say bring back the off season..
Old 05-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

For what its worth I would like to see it come back also I enjoyed going there everyday even when nothing was going on.I feel a little like I've lost my dog and I can't find him.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Korak
For what its worth I would like to see it come back also I enjoyed going there everyday even when nothing was going on.I feel a little like I've lost my dog and I can't find him.

i heard if ya put your shirt out where you saw em last..they will come home...

COME HOME SPARKY COME HOME!!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i heard if ya put your shirt out where you saw em last..they will come home...

COME HOME SPARKY COME HOME!!

Heck if I knew where to put my shirt to bring "sparky" back I would
Old 05-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys please, enough of this crap. I have to tell it like it is. This place is bad without the off season forum. The fun and excitement has been cut in half. The politic forum has taken a major hit with the deletion of the off season forum. What I ask now is from you guys to be honest with your customers. Will you or won't you bring back the off season forum? I would be lieing to you if I haven't thought about jumping ship lately and looking for a better place. I've looked once already. This might as well be a seasonal board for hunting. Having a back ground in sales, I can't image anyway that can't be good for business. I do understand having what you descibed before not being good either. However, I must ask, which is worst?

FYI, I post this not in defiance but out of true frustration.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

We did discuss this a bit today and we will bring back the 'off season' but it will probably be next week before it's back up.

Keep it 'fun' and without the personal attacks/overt sexual references and other things that keep me swimming in email complaints and you will be fine. However, we absolutely will not tolerate anymore of the moderator/site bashing. As I have said before, you don't have to like the moderation, but you do have to respect it. (at least on the boards, you can hate us all you want in private. )

BTW, New user registrations are actually up a bit since it's been taken down. (and they're not just the banned users coming back. LOL.)
Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Thank you and yes, you are correct, new names are popping up all over the place. I can tell it's more than the libs who are embarrassed and need to get a new name.

I myself am guilty of a lot of sexual references, however, I try to stay on the correct side of that fine line and not make them overt. Half the fun is making that line thin.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
Thank you and yes, you are correct, new names are popping up all over the place. I can tell it's more than the libs who are embarrassed and need to get a new name.

I myself am guilty of a lot of sexual references, however, I try to stay on the correct side of that fine line and not make them overt. Half the fun is making that line thin.

dont bring me in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.