Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Enhancement Request / Wish List
An explaination regarding the off season forum >

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Old 06-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
The majority of those members who have vowed they were done with HNI log in here almost every day.

Why have you cut your time here by 98%?
I just we we could figure out why they got so upset? It must be something or SOMEONE?? I wonder what or who it could be?? If the admin could just figure it out, HNI could be saved forever!!!

There must be something or SOMEONE that changed things. Maybe if we went back to the timeline of what happened we could figure it out!! OH well.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can try to point your finger at me all you want CL but the fact of the matter is it was a few bad apples that caused all this. Not a Moderator enforcing the posted, understood rules of a forum.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wanna bet?
BTW, I log in now just to check my PM box and glance at this thread only. Sometimes someone throws a baited hook out there that after being caught by it a few times I find I still can't resist taking the bait. The same will happen if the OS forum should come back. There are really 4 people in the mix that changed the way this place used to be not counting the new owners. This place ran great a year/18 months or so ago and it wasn't out of control where heavy moderation was needed, it was just inserted. Nothing was really over the top. In came the nitpicking and the fire was lit and it was game on from that point. I won't be part of that game anymore and I will continue to log in for the reason stated above and I might take the bait every once in a while but I won't give anyone the pleasure of swallowing the hook.
This is JMO.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rickmur
Wanna bet?
BTW, I log in now just to check my PM box and glance at this thread only. Sometimes someone throws a baited hook out there that after being caught by it a few times I find I still can't resist taking the bait. The same will happen if the OS forum should come back. There are really 4 people in the mix that changed the way this place used to be not counting the new owners. This place ran great a year/18 months or so ago and it wasn't out of control where heavy moderation was needed, it was just inserted. Nothing was really over the top. In came the nitpicking and the fire was lit and it was game on from that point. I won't be part of that game anymore and I will continue to log in for the reason stated above and I might take the bait every once in a while but I won't give anyone the pleasure of swallowing the hook.
This is JMO.
This coming from a 13 year Senior Member!! Enough said!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:44 AM
JW
Super Moderator

We see that CLd and we can read bud!

And posts like this is what got a few in trouble.

JW
Old 06-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
We see that CLd and we can read bud!

And posts like this is what got a few in trouble.

JW
I figure everyone here can read, JW. They didn't join for the pictures there not that great, bud.

However, I'm confused. I know one can get himself in trouble for saying the wrong thing on here but all I did was to agree with Rick. Shouldn't you be aiming your remarks to Rickmur? Not that I want Rick to get in trouble or that he is worried about it. Just looking for clarification. Have a great day, bud.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, hopefully all the finger pointin is over, and everyone understands a lil bit of the big picture, and we can just welcome the "OFF SEASON" back with a smile and everything will be back to normal.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
well, hopefully all the finger pointin is over, and everyone understands a lil bit of the big picture, and we can just welcome the "OFF SEASON" back with a smile and everything will be back to normal.
Exactly! Amen to that.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
Not entirely true IMO. There's a bigger portion that won't be back (or back for 2 minutes a week). And there's a bigger portion that had given up on HNI long before the off season was lifted. With the direction it was going which caused people to leave, and removing the off season, I don't think many of them will be back. Could be wrong but I don't see it happening.

I myself used to post A LOT in the off season (and bowhunting/Northeast) forums. For the past ......... I don't even know how long my time here was cut by about 98%. Now? Might be the 2nd time in a few weeks I even came here. Future? probably going to be roughly the same. I didn't even get caught up in all the bs that was going on either. Maybe a post here or there but certainly not many. I don't think I'm the minority either.

Not that this matters to anyone ... I get that. I'm just sayin.....
The majority of those members who have vowed they were done with HNI log in here almost every day.

Why have you cut your time here by 98%?
I cant really explain to you without a rules infraction. I tried typing it out but I would have violated 11.5 rules.

Best I can do is compare it to a restaurant. Say you've been going to one for years on a regular basis. Although you don't own it, you've become rather comfortable there. Everyone knows your name, you have your own table, waitresses know what you drink etc...

Through time you start noticing subtle changes. Your table is no longer your table. They've redecorated inside. Employees are wearing uniforms. At first you take it in stride and just shake your head a little bit, but try not to let it bother you. You continue going to your favorite restaurant and start noticing not so subtle changes. The food starts getting bad. The service is really bad. A whole new type of regular customers have developed.

Now... you've (and a lot of others) been a loyal customer to this restaurant for a lot of years. Things just aren't what they were and you don't enjoy the new atmosphere that has suddenly taken over the place. You can't quite understand it, cause the restaurant was packed every night with the way it was. You don't enjoy going there to a new look, terrible service, bad food and customers you don't know anymore. At some point you say to yourself see ya later there are plenty more places to eat.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peace Offering...

As a simple peace offering and morale booster...when the time is suitable of course..

..how about bringing back the Taco thread(ducks head and cringes) with the Off Season?(It's got to be in there somewhere...right??)

Before you shrivel in disgust Christine, think of how this would be tremendous for morale.

A token of trust so to speak...and in return a new, huge wave of user activity and respectable behavior by all.

..don't answer now....don't do it!. I'm not just trying to be funny either...

Maybe just mull it around a little over the long table for a week or two, and maybe .....just maybe ...next week can be a week to remember in HNI history.

A new beginning...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.