Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

attn: mods and admin.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default attn: mods and admin.

i'm sure there are alot of morel mushroom hunters on here. i was just wondering if you can get a new forum going on this subject in the near future? any thoughts or ideas on this?
Old 04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with this. I post a thread every year in the midwest sectio but it doesnt get as much attention as i think it would if it had its own section.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Put it in the Off Season forum, or the outdoor cooking section. You've got to admit it is a short season in limited areas.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

enlighten me, morel mushrooms...are these those hippy kind? do tell
Old 04-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
morels are one of the if not the best tasting mushrooms. they look like a sponge or brain. the season is short usually springtime when the temps stay in the fifties nightly and fifty-eighty daily. rain is a must also-they like moist/wet ground. since your from texas your season is already happening.here in nw ohio we are just about to start. one of my favorite sites is - thegreatmorel.com - it's free and they have daily reports of when and where people are finding them. or you can google morel mushrooms and you'll get lots of web sites to check out, some are free some are clubs that require membership and $. these sites also show you what they look like and everything about them. they even show you what a false morel looks like-those are poisonous. oh and they are not the hippie kind, but you can find those now too in texas around all those chocolate steer patties. but ya need to know what they look like too!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420

www.morelmania.com
Old 04-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Are there other kinds of mushrooms that resemble the morel?... I am heading out on a primitive camping trip in a week and coming upon some of those would be a real treat, I just dont want to eat something "thinking" it is a morel...
Old 04-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cynikalHC
Are there other kinds of mushrooms that resemble the morel?... I am heading out on a primitive camping trip in a week and coming upon some of those would be a real treat, I just dont want to eat something "thinking" it is a morel...
yes they are called false morels. they look identical except the stems aren't hollow. check out thegreatmorel.com or morel.com they have pics of both.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

better be careful when picking mushrooms to eat....better know exactly what your lookin for, as most are poisonous or you could be allergic to them, even the safe to eat ones.

http://mdc.mo.gov/nathis/mushrooms/m.../poisonous.htm
Old 04-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

From everything I am reading it seems like as long as you dont eat any mushroom that fans out at the top (like an umbrella) then you should only really have to worry about the false morels. To keep from eating the false, just make sure the stem is hollow. Does this seem like correct statements to yall?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.