Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

A Mulle Forum Wanted

Old 12-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Your just digging yourself a deeper hole muley. I've never hunted Mule deer, so I can't compare the two. Muley, obviously you have been watching Whitetail videos, because they don't depict natural hunting situations. I know the Whitetails on my property are nothing in comparison to the Whitetails I see on hunting videos. They are much, much more difficult to hunt on my property. A mature buck wouldn't be caught close to an opening on my property, unlike the bucks taken on vidoes where they just walk out in any food plot or other opening. Hunting videos make Whitetail hunting look like a piece of cake, but in the real world ,we know it's not. I'm sure it's the same for Mule deer.
Well said, deer hunting on a ranch, like you see on TV, is completely different from hunting wild deer not on a ranch. It may be hard for you to comprehend, but not everyone hunts like those professionals you see on TV, I know I sure as heck don't, I can't afford that. And don't say whitetail deer belong in the varmint section because that obviously isn't true, thats just being ridiculous now. You're rushing to a lot of conclusions about whitetail hunting so I take it you've actually hunted and killed a deer? And of course he was a P&Y or B&C buck right?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley669
Sounds like the depth of your mule deer hunting expeirence has been from watching videos sitting on the couch. How many mule deers hunts have you been on? I have taken several bucks of both species, and I can tell you high country muleys are one of the most challenging animals to hunt in North America.
sure got that eastmans hunting journal lingo down pat for someone who points fingers at others for sitting on the couch watching videos

as far as a challenge if you really want one try killing a buck, any WT buck in the thick NE woods. you can be 50yds away from one and never see it. if fact most WT are probably shot under 100yds Im betting most mule deer are shot over 100yds. my logic tells me getting closer to deer is more challenging than shooting them at more distant ranges.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
sure got that eastmans hunting journal lingo down pat for someone who points fingers at others for sitting on the couch watching videos

as far as a challenge if you really want one try killing a buck, any WT buck in the thick NE woods. you can be 50yds away from one and never see it. if fact most WT are probably shot under 100yds Im betting most mule deer are shot over 100yds. my logic tells me getting closer to deer is more challenging than shooting them at more distant ranges.
I spent three months on the mountain this year. I spent the first two weeks on a back pack hunts hunt for elk, several miles from the trailhead. I went from 226lbs to 185 lbs in three months of mountain hunting, I don't sit on the couch junior.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

delete double posting

Last edited by heinz57; 12-10-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: double posting
Old 12-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

this is a WHITE TAIL section ..lets keep it that way ..

Muley669 i guess this is not one of your better day's ..RELAX and enjoy the forum ..
Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spent three months on the mountain this year. I spent the first two weeks on a back pack hunts hunt for elk, several miles from the trailhead. I went from 226lbs to 185 lbs in three months of mountain hunting, I don't sit on the couch junior.
oh, im sorry "grizzly adams" i didnt realize you were such a mountain man your probably typing your posts from horseback on a laptop you whittled from an elks pelvic bone, my apologies
Old 12-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Hey Mulie, congrats! You stired up as much controversy about mule deer vs whitetails as you do talking football!

I promise not to add fuel to this thread if you promise not to talk about the Patriots!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
your probably typing your posts from horseback on a laptop you whittled from an elks pelvic bone, my apologies
i don't even think macgyver could do that
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Somehow I gotta believe that who ever set up this forum did so based somewhat loosely on the laws of supply and demand.

Take the bowhunting forum. It is largely an offshoot of the deerhunting forum as deer hunting dominates that forum to (but they do bring in other species to discuss). It could have just as easily stayed in the deerhunting forum. However, the demand from the bowhunters was high enough for the forum mods to create another forum where bowhunters could have discussions that were not pertinenet to gun hunters.

Now I am sure that if there was enough demand for a muley forum the mods would likely do so. Problem is that as much as you like/love muley hunting it obviously ain't so popular on this messaage board as you would like. Having a muley only forum that get a two or three posts a day is hardly the demand the mods will waste their time on. In short the mods seem to do a decent job creating avenues for us to discuss things if the demand is there. Obviously muley discussion are low on the demand side so there is no supply.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Ok, well when you ladies are done crying about the percieved "bashing" maybe somebody could address the point. Mule deer and whitetail hunting are two completely different hunts, I think a section for just mule deer is warranted.
Go here!
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.