Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

When a new user signs up.....

Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default When a new user signs up.....

Is it possible for them to have to put in a mandatory location in? I see so many posts and picutes of beautiful bucks, but it doesnt say where they are from. It would be easier for us, insteading of asking (which someone always does) to see their location in the avatar. I understand someone might not want people to know, maybe we can have USA,Canada, Earth as options...

Old 08-10-2006, 07:40 PM

Default RE: When a new user signs up.....

That is a rediculious idea in my opinion who cares where they are from because the chances you and him are from the same spot is slim to none... again just mo opinion.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

That is a rediculious idea in my opinion who cares where they are from because the chances you and him are from the same spot is slim to none... again just mo opinion.
ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

You must be one of the ones who only comes to the forums... Its a pitty hunting.net is soooo much more than just the forums... Too bad your missingout wis_bow_huntr

What's up with the attitude man? I care where they are from, as I'm sure many others do. Did you even comprehend my post?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:42 PM

Sorry if I seem cockey or have an attitude... it is an option when you sign up... and I was simply stating what people are missing out on when they only visit the forums... This isa great site...

Sorry

Moosehunter21
Old 08-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

Agreed, this is a great site.

This is my reasoning for my question. I noticed a forum member was from the same small town I hunt in by looking at his avatar. I PM'd him and we got to talking. Turns out where is hunts, I'm not kidding, is 15 feet from where I parked my truck last year during gun season. He hunts on one side of the road, I hunt on the other, pretty unbelievable...right? He's a very nice guy, and I just made a new friend. All because he had his location in his avatar. As you can see, by just filling in that little bar, it opens up a whole new world.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I've put in my location as accurately as possible [&:]
Old 08-14-2006, 07:12 PM

You can't FORCE someone to disclose their location publicly. There are several laws against it.