HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Disabled Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters-34/)
-   -   Disabled Sportsmen Support group (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters/92268-disabled-sportsmen-support-group.html)

1dahunter 02-28-2005 05:43 PM

Disabled Sportsmen Support group

This site is dedicated to the handicapped and disabled sportsmen and women. We are a support group with a growing number of members.Come join and share your storys ask questions and just enjoy yourself, be apart of this fast growing family. Thanks Jimmy
THE DISABLED LIFE

PaJack 03-02-2005 08:16 AM

RE: All of you with web sites

Thank's Jimmy...;)

1dahunter 03-13-2005 11:46 PM

RE: Link your site to mine and Join!!!

PAJack
you are welcome to join if you like I would be honored. Its growing pretty good so far I have 14 members and the discussions are moving right along. One member is the Wisconsin Director of Ted Nugents Disabled sportsmen and also the director of Wisconsins Challenge the Outdoors. I hope to see you there. Jimmy

1dahunter 04-11-2005 09:36 PM

RE: Disabled Sportsmen Support group

Just an update as of now we have 20 members from all over and still going strong, Jimmy

1dahunter 04-26-2005 11:27 PM

22 members and two state directors of TNUSA ! state director of challenge the out doors! We are growing strong come and join us. Jimmy

1dahunter 05-27-2005 10:28 AM

We now have a new site that is no longer with MSN. We now have a forums site much like this one, please stop by and check us out! Thanks Jimmy

decoyinfo 06-17-2005 05:31 AM

RE: Disabled outdoorsman helps thosands nation wide.

I would like to thank you for this great site!
I have lived with a disability all my life and many call me different and well many negative things.
I have 2 college dragees and I help severely disabled folks for a living and as part of my semi retirement I help "normal" folks.
We all feel better when we help someone else!
I have been helping people for over 30 years with old wooden decoys.
As I learned I shared my new found knowledge with others. I attended and was later invited as a guest speaker and presenter at hundred of outdoor related shows and events in Canada and the USA.
I started collecting old decoys over 30 years ago when my Dad would know longer lend me his. Just after I came beck from college the first time. I answer a number of adds in local papers from old gents selling off their decoys.
Most at that time were wooden, all were different and each intrigued me.
As my collection grew and after the hunting season I started to study my old wooden birds and talked with old timers about the art of decoy making.
I was excited! this was an art form like know other. It is an art form that came about by accident. Hand made tools used for hunting now are folk art and valuable. If some of the old times could see the value of their old blocks they would turn over in their graves.
I help people on the internet more often then going to events these days. I have attended about 15 events this year but the net connects me with thousands more people from all over the world.
People just send me a picture of their old decoys usually by e-mail but many still get to me by post, and I evaluate, identify and appraise the birds for no cost.
My know ledge was gained and offered to me at know cost from thousands of folks so it is hard for me to charge for massing on this knowledge.
You see at every event there are dozens sometimes hundreds of folks that come up to with decoys and with out and share valuable information with me. That is how I came about being one of the "foremost Authorities of historical decoys" as I have been called by the largest newspapers and out door magazines in Canada and the US.
I live in a small farm house in rural Ontario Canada and enjoy four wheeling after my "real job" working as a residential counsellor in home for people that are severely disabled ... these people inspire me in my life. They tolerate and enjoy life and to others looking in, it appears like they have know thing to live for.

If they can find a smile for me in their condition that I sure can find a smile for others in this world and I sure don't mind helping total strangers each day on my computer. because all people in out world have some kind of disability. you may be short, tall , in a wheelchair, flying a plane or just trying to live one more day. But all of us can offer a smile to others and this can help them get through one more day feel a little better.

Have great day folks and KEEP SMILING AND HELPING OTHERS, BECAUSE WE ALL CAN!
Steven
decoyinfo
[email protected]

spotted dog 06-20-2005 11:10 PM

I live in Utah. I have a trailer to pull behind a Yamaha Rhino, that was built to pull a disabled hunter in a wheel chair. If anyone in a wheel chair would like a free wild pig hunt let me know.

1dahunter 06-24-2005 01:52 PM

Thats very kind of you spotted dog! People like you are far and few. Thanks Jimmy

horizontal bowhunter 07-02-2005 11:19 AM

hi i have a physical disability but it do's not stop me from getting out to hunt, so were is this disabled sportsmen support group just online?