HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Disabled Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters-34/)
-   -   CrossBows for Disabled Hunters NOW ON (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters/92201-crossbows-disabled-hunters-now.html)

1dahunter 02-28-2005 10:52 AM

CrossBows for Disabled Hunters NOW ON

Hey all I got this in my email and Thought I would pass it on, Good luck, Jimmy
CROSSBOW DISTRIBUTION PROGRAM

FOR HUNTERS WITH DISABILITES

Horton Manufacturing is graciously providing our disabled program with a number of Horton hunting crossbows to distribute among prospective disabled archers this year. 2005 will be the 7th year Horton has donated crossbows to our hunters with disabilities. The bows that will be distributed are mostly reconditioned, demo and blemished bows. These crossbows are not covered under Horton warranty programs, but most are in new or like new condition. Most of the crossbows can be used with Horton mechanical cockers (not provided). If you apply for a crossbow please understand that we do not provide cockers. It will be up to recipients to either be able to cock the bow, have someone to cock it for them, or to purchase a cocker. These are 150 pound or better draw weight bows.

This program is designed to reach disabled people who would like to participate in their states archery deer hunt, who do not currently have, nor cannot afford a crossbow. To apply it must be legal for you to use a crossbow in your state. If you have a functional hunting crossbow at this time, please do not apply. Applicants must indicate the amount of income claimed on their latest tax return, do not include income of spouse or children.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not call Horton to encourage your selection as a recipient. They have been very gracious with their donation of the bows, but Horton has no involvement in the process beyond that.

How to Apply

Please Provide This Information by email to [email protected] , do not send it to any other email address or it may not be considered:

Number each answer as indicated below, or just paste the question before your answer on email responses. In your email to [email protected] please put “Crossbow Application from ______________ “ in the subject line, with your state filling in the blank.

1. First and Last Name

2. Complete UPS Shipping Address

3. Phone Number(s)

4. Age

5. Describe Disability in Detail

6. How did you become disabled?

7. How long have you been disabled?

8. Do you bowhunt with conventional archery equipment?

9. Your gross income reported on your latest tax return (do not include spouse's income or children's income)?

10. Do you have a crossbow now?

11. Can you obtain permission/permit to use a crossbow in your state?

12. Do you currently have a permit to use a crossbow in your state?

Please Provide This Information by email to [email protected] , do not send it to any other email address or it may not be considered:

1dahunter 02-28-2005 11:01 AM

RE: CrossBows for Disabled Hunter NOW ON

Hey all
I was told that I shouldnt post this as that might lessen my chances of getting one but I feel that all the disabled hunters here are my friends and alot like family so I figure if anybody can demonstrate a better reason why they need one then thats ok with me, Id like to have one but not at the expense of some one who needs it worse than me. Yeah I know Im patting myself on the back but I love you guys and wanted to share this opportunity with all who are interested. God Bless Jimmy P.S. Its going on now so get er done!!!

JOE-BEEF 03-03-2005 07:38 AM

RE: CrossBows for Disabled Hunters NOW ON

Thanks for the info Jimmy . I sure hope i hear something from these folks but if not , i will know someone out there is needier than me. It was very unselfish of you to post this. It goes to show what a great person you are. I hope your feeling well and staying in good spirits. Its a joy to converse with you on this forum and we all benifit by your ongoing and consistant kindness to your fellow man... God Bless You.
Kenny

1dahunter 03-08-2005 09:36 PM

RE: CrossBows for Disabled Hunters NOW ON

Hey Kenny
Thanks for the kind words but I was raised to practice the Golden Rule. Life is what we make of it and Id rather have nothing but a hand full of wonderful friends and I have been blessed with that right here on this site. All of you here are like my family you give me support when Im down you make me laugh when I feel like crying and you listen when I just want to vent. I am truly blessed by all you on this forum, God Bless you all for being here for me. Jimmy