Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Whats wrong with people? >

Whats wrong with people?

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Whats wrong with people?

Old 05-11-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Disabled hunters

Go to www.sunsetpinesresort.com
Old 05-18-2005, 08:48 AM

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

Hunter712 Thanks for the link, I am aware of that site and have his link on my site, you can bet I will be getting in touch with him shortly. Thanks again! Jimmy
Old 06-06-2005, 10:04 PM

Hey Jimmy, I have found myself without friends also. I was injured by being run over by a Quad or what others call a Four Wheeler on July 21, 2003. One of my best friends was behind the controls when he hit me. After a few months of being in the hospital with a broken neck at the C5 level causeing me to be paralized from the chest down my friends slowly stoped coming to see me. Then when I got home only a couple came by once or twice, eventually they stoped all together. It is a horrible feeling and it is still with me today. I have figured out how much they have missed out by fleeing the scene. I miss my friends being around but I have leared one thing, those guys are carrying a very guilty consionce. I make due as I'm sure you do also but it's very hard and very boreing and I know for a fact you know that part. It is also very hard to make new friends because people either avoid looking at me or stare without any consideration. Your question, "Whats wrong with people?" I'm not sure Jimmy, other than my theory that we are all human and humans many times make very bad judgement calls. I wish it wasn't so but I know I'm still going to keep going until I can't go anymore and I'm sure you will do the same. Keep your chin up Jimmy and I'll do the same. Dave.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:30 PM

Thanks Dave it means lot, I am starting to find some great friends but they are all on the internet and most of them are disabled. So I decided to put up a site where we can all get together talk, Bs, and just have fun and it is great! I would really like to see you there. Thanks again Jimmy
The Disabled Life
Old 06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

I read your first post and thought...If I was hunting/fishing with that guy and he did kick the bucket, I bet he went happy...not that I would hope that for anyone. Shoot, I hope to go that way.

Sorry to hear that your pals deserted you. There will be better ones out there.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:44 PM

Hey feddoc you are one of a few!! I salute youIf more people would see it that way it would be wonderful!!! If I die I dont expect anyone to do anything just call me in so the wife will know! Thanks buddy! Jimmy
Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM

If you ever make it down to Tx, I know it's aways away,I'll be glad to take you hunting. I'll even push you in a wheelchair to our location if that helps. My mother is disabled and can die of a heart attack anytime and I still wheel her off to Florida every year. I'll be glad to help you anyway i can. Peace be with you. I ain't skeered
Old 07-13-2005, 10:03 AM

txbigbuck Thanks buddy it so nice to know that not all people are afraid of me dieing on em. You are one of a few very special people and I thank you for who you are. I'll probably never make it to Texas but I do thank you for your offer, God Bless you Jimmy
Old 08-09-2005, 09:07 AM

I hate people who act like that.. My dad lost his leg, from the knee down, to diabetes in august2002. He was bummed out with the thought of never hunting again. The dr told him about a prosthesis and he would be able to walk again. That lifted his spirits. In november of that year we went deer hunting> he still didnt have his leg yet. He crawled up the side of the mountain in snow about 200 yards and set himself up. He loved to be in the woods. I know this isnt as dramatic as most of you guys but it is a disability none the less. He used to tell everyone after he lost his leg that he was a foot shorter. He had a great sense of humor. Well during that time I lost my mom to cancer (11/02) and he just couldnt get over that hurdle. The diabetes took over and he lost the battle and had either a heart attack or stroke in 4/04. 1dahunter.. if you ever see eastern PA.. send me a PM.. I ll get you in the woods to hunt something. My dad said if he had a heart attack dragging a deer from the woods or chasing turkeysand died from it he would be a happy man.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:30 AM

I know that it can be tough hanging out with people who are sick, because it can be depressing, but you know what? The fact is that when you have loved ones on this earth, there is not enough time to spend with them. I lost my grandmother last spring to Alzheimer's disease. She slowly deteriorated over a period of about ten years, and most of my family just kind of forgot about her. It was almost like she was already dead. I tried to spend as much time with her as I could, because underneath all of the exterior problems the woman that I loved was still in there. The woman who made me cookies, and changed my diapers, and put band aids on my knee, and who practically was a second mother to me was still there, she just wasn't as healthy as she once was. Does that mean that I should stop caring? Would she have stopped caring about me? I don't think so! When I lost my father it was a different story. My father went just about as fast as a man can go. He seemed healthy until the day he died. I went to see him after work one night and I found him dead on his dining room floor. He must've just gone straight down after having a massive heart attack and that was that. There were some little things around him that would've been disturbedif he had been struggling at all, but there was no struggle. He just laid down and didn't get back up. I ask myself, was there anything that I would've liked to tell him before he died? Yeah, I would've maybe liked to say that I loved him, which as grown men I'm sure that a lot of us don't say to our fathers enough. I was lucky enough to have a great relationship with my father. We talked every day and I spent a lot of time with him. If he had lived through his heart attack and he was layed up sick would I have stopped seeing him as much or stopped talking to him every day? I don't think so. People need to realize that just because someone isn't as healthy as God may or may not have blessed you to be that you don't have to change the way you talk to them, and that people are going to go when they are going to go and there isn't sh** you can do about it. You just have to make the most of your friendship, and you have to enjoy your time while you're here. I am a firm believer that in the end we will be together again, but its nice to know that you made the most of your time here.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.