Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Whats wrong with people? >

Whats wrong with people?

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Whats wrong with people?

Old 04-16-2005, 05:29 PM

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

Good time friends are a dime a dozen.True friends are few .Even the old customers that trusted me to work in their homes,since I am disabled with a type of Arthritis in the rheumatoid family, it seems that they are afraid to
talk to me.
People wonder why we spend a lot of time alone ,it is a lot more comfortable than with the good time friends.I hope you all find a good hunting buddy. Best, Mike
Old 04-17-2005, 08:25 PM

Thanks DEADEYEONE Im so used to going alone anymore it doesnt really matter now. I have found ways to do the things I couldnt so I dont really need any body but a friend sure would be nice. Thanks again, Jimmy
Old 04-18-2005, 12:10 PM

Yep it is a sad thing. But poeple as a whole aren't real bright, they tend to fear what they don't understand.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:23 PM

Couldnt of said it better!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Jimmy

I just joined this forum and your post was the first one I read. It sounds like you and others who have responded have run into some of the people in life that are just not worth dealing with. It's hard when someone treats you poorly but in the long run, you're better off for the experience as you find out which friends are true. Mine gave me a picture of an old mountain man with the following quote: "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." by Robert Louis Stevenson.

I found this to be a pretty accurate quote although it sounds as if you've made connections with some really good people on this forum. In a lot of ways you are a lucky man.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can relate ,even within my own family members. I just go on myself fooey on them.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:21 AM

Hey idahunter--I'm an old man, and good advice costs money--but I'll give you some free advice--If you go thru life and can count 2 people as friends, you have got more than the average person, because most people are just 'fair weather' so called friends. I know cause I only have 2--one goes waterfowling with me and the other hunts big game with me. The one who hunts big game hunts with no other person, so he is really special.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 AM

Jimmy,

I enjoy hunting/fishing alone. If I croak in the woods - great, it'll save my family the hassle of hauling me to the dump. Go out and do what you like alone.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:50 PM

You all are great and its nice to know that at least I have some internet friends that dont care about my disabilitys and that Im not the only one that has experienced this. I have a guy down the road that has gone hunting with me a few times and has been a wonderful help cause he does the things I cant do for me but he constantly reminds me what would I do if it wasnt for him being there to help me, It makes me feel bad and then I get a little mad because of the guilt trip he puts on me so I tell him id find a way to do the things as I have in the past and he just laughs. Hes really a prick and gets a high on helping me but I dont need the guilt trip so I told him I wont be going with him any more cause I dont like his attitude. Id rather go alone than to have to put up with some one like him. Thanks all you are wonderful!!!!!!!! Jimmy
Old 05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

i too fall into the catagory of "disabled", if you believe the doctors and some of my old friends. i go fishing by myself, and hunt when i want to or can, and don't worry about them anymore. when i was younger, i build stands for 2 men that were in wheelchairs to allow them to roll up on a slab and raise it with pullies and lock into the stand. we gave them radios to call us if they killed a deer, and cleaned their deer for them. we did everything we could to help them out. now, i seem to have the frends around that don't want to be bothered with helping anyone. just a sign of the times, i guess. so, i make do with the few people that will help--a new son-in-law really helps!!-- and do what i can. i do have a special relationship with the elderly couple that run our deer lease. if i am hunting, i have to stop and let them know i'm leaving and o.k., so they don't start worrying about me and call my cell phone till i answer. the older ones still ask about me and seem to worry about my goof-ball attitude about doing what i want till i kill over, but the younger ones don't want to be bothered by any of us old-timers. they just don't know what they are missing, and they are the ones being deprived of an awful lot of experience and knowledge that could be passed down. "keep the faith and don't back down from anything, and we'll make it somehow" is my motto now!!

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.