HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Disabled Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters-34/)
-   -   My Biggest Disability (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters/80137-my-biggest-disability.html)

jrbsr 11-23-2004 08:44 AM

My Biggest Disability

I have some Brain damage from being on a ventalater for over a month.

I have High Blood pressure.

I have Diabetes that just will not regulate, no matter what meds the dr. puts me on.

I have weak heart mussles from conjestive heart failer from 1999.

My pancreas whats still left of it is the size of a guarter.

So I have to take pills so my food will dijest.

My Back has three bad places in it.

I have a compressed disc in my neck,

A compressed disc middle way of my back.

And a bulging disc between the L4 and L5

My kidneys are leaking protein like pouring it out of bucket.

But my Biggest Disability Is Being Broke.

No Money Nada Nothing.

But my health problems are not all.

My 17 year old daughter had a virus that atacked her nervis system.

It really messed her up.

My youngest boy Has a deformed lung opening on one side and has ashma real bad.

So its not just me.

Three out of Five of my Famly has disabilitys.

I have people telling me to do this to do that.

But unless you are in my shoes you Can Not Know How it Is Or How I Feel.

After all it is the Mans Place to Provide.

Don't get the wrong Idea.

This IS NOT an atempt to get Money or For Any One To Feel Sorry For Me.

So Don't - I don't want any one to feel sorry for me.

I just want every one to Just Understand where I am in this thing called Life.

I want your Friendship not your Sympthy.

jrbsr

1dahunter 11-24-2004 09:47 PM

RE: My Biggest Disability

Hey jrbsr Buddy youve got a friend here, I cant even begin to imagine what your life is like but from what Ive read my hat is off to you because of all of your adversitys you are still going and refuse to give up. I am proud to be your friend. I can relate to the money all I get on my disability is $650.00 a month I live in a mobile home that I bought for $1000.00 from a friend and it takes all my money and more just to survive. I moved here from Kansas because I couldnt even afford to pay rent and I was having to live with my daughter and her husband and 4 kids. She didnt need me adding to her load and my pride got in the way but by God shes not supporting me I am on my own even though I aint got nothing Im happy. Your friend till the end. Jimmy

pharaoh2 12-02-2004 09:03 AM

Hey guys. You both have a friend here. I wish you the best of luck. We just gotta keep going, and say pi$$ on it.

1dahunter 12-12-2004 11:13 AM

I totally agree pharaoh2 there isnt much we can do but say Pi$$ on it and I truly thank you for your friendship as it means alot to me. Thanks Jimmy

James B 12-20-2004 06:20 PM

I now live on Social Security disability as well. It not very much money. I am lucky that my wife has a pretty good job and I am able to do the cooking and laundry and that sort of stuff. I am able to hunt and fish quite a bit and at times my health is not to bad. It is however inconsistant and a lot of the time I would not be able to hold a regular job. Of course the Government in its wisdom won't allow a guy to work when he can and draw the disability when he can't so you are stuck with giving up the disability income and try to work or just do nothing al all. I am happy to chat about any time as I have lots of time to sit by this machine which my daughter God Bless Her gave to me and showed me the basics to use it. My sons help me a lot by handing down their used electronics to me. They hooked my computer to my stero and put a ton of my music on the hard drive to I can do my toe tapping while I try to type and spell.;)

1dahunter 12-22-2004 08:42 AM

James B I hear you on the income man it aint no fun tryin to live on what the government gives ya. My wife is also disabled and has not been approved for disability we are going on 3 years batteling with social security for her disability. I wouldnt be able to make it financialy if it wasnt for my friends and buying stuff at garage sales and selling on ebay. Ebay right now is a buyers market as selling has gone down hill. Its good to see you here. Jimmy

onebullet 01-02-2005 11:42 PM

I hear ya j same boat(with a leak);) and no money ta fix it

defendwihunters 01-03-2005 08:10 PM

Oh jrbsr, I'm so very sorry to read all of this!!! Life just seems so unfair sometimes, doesn't it. Remember though, where there's life, there's hope, and pray like you've never prayed before.

God bless you my friend...prayers are with you. The little smiles can be the biggest joys life holds. Hang in there and grab every ray of sunshine that comes you're way.