Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 11 & 13 year old shot once with 12 gauge, updated benefit info. >

11 & 13 year old shot once with 12 gauge, updated benefit info.

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

11 & 13 year old shot once with 12 gauge, updated benefit info.

Old 03-20-2004, 01:39 PM

Default 11 & 13 year old shot once with 12 gauge, updated benefit info.

Bundy Benefit

To:
Date: 2004
Subject: Benefit for the Bundy Family

On November 2nd, 2003 a 13 year old bow hunter (Tony) and his 11-year old brother (Joe) were injured when they were mistaken for wild turkey by a hunter.
The two were hunting along a fence line near the town of Eau Galle while there father hunted from a nearby tree stand. The boys were shot once with a 12-gauge shotgun
The boys were taken to Chippewa Valley Hospital in Durand and flown to St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minn. Tony had multiple surgeries to remove shot from both eyes as well as other areas of his face, head and hands. Unfortunately, Tony is permanently blind in both eyes. He has also suffered from other health problems from this tragic accident. Joe had less serious injuries including shot in his upper lip, chest and arms.
The Bundy family has endured great heartache and will suffer from financial hardship for years to come. Therefore, we will be having a benefit to help the Bundy family in there time of need.
The event will be held on Saturday, May 1st at the Durand Rod and Gun Club, located on STH 25 between Durand and Menomonie, WI.. The benefit will be an all day event, starting at noon, including a meal, raffles, silent auction, dart tournament, and a band, TSG, to follow in the evening. I would like to invite everyone to the benefit.
We are asking you to please donate cash and/or prizes to help us make the benefit a great success. Your donations are greatly appreciated!

Please make checks payable to: Bundy Benefit

You may contact me in the following ways:
Aunt Cindy Schlosser
E2454 County Road X
Menomonie, WI 54751
phone: 715-664-8841
e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

To confirm the accident you can go to the following newspapers & search for Eau Galle
Wisconsin Outdoor News (Archive Search : Nov. 21st, 2003)
Dunn County News ( Nov. 2003 & Feb. 2004)
Sincerely,
Cindy Schlosser

Please join us for the Bundy Benefit : May 1st : 12:00 - ?
1:00 Dart Tournament (luck of the draw, double elimination, sign up by 12:30)
1:00 - 3:00 Silent Auction
1:30 - 3:30 Jingles the Clown (along with games and prizes for the kids)
3:00 - 6:00 Silent Auction
3:30 - ? Live Music by Arnold Anderson and Friends
6:00 Mystery Raffle (donated by the Downsville Sportsmen's Club)
6:30 Live Auction
9:30 - 1:30 Live Music by TSG & 3 Foot Gravity
10:00 Raffle Ticket Drawing

Food available all day: Pork, donated by Bob and Georgene Sobatka : Hot Dogs donated by Downsville Meat Processors : Potatoe Salad, etc.

We will also have various raffles (womans table, mens table, chinese rafffle, wheel spin, etc.) during the day and into the evening. These will depend on the donations we recieve.

Some of the donated items we have are as follows: Autographed Packer Football, Ted Nugent Autographed Picture, Chicago Bulls Official Yearbook '03 -'04 w/ "The Stampede Continues" CD, Family Land Waterpark Tickets @ WI Dells, Autographed Vikings Team Guide, Racing Collectables, Leinies Gary Fisher Mountain Bike ($5 chance @ Coop's in Eau Galle and also during the benefit), Sterling Silver Packer Coins, Various Artwork, Grills, Camping Set, Bows, 1/2 Hog, Quilts, Pottery, 4 St. Paul Saints Tickets, Whitetail Deer Shoulder Mount, Whispering Emerald Ridge Game Farm Package: (year membership w/ free Sporting Rounds, a ten bird hunt and a nights stay @ AmericInn in Menomonie), Chainsaw, year membership to Menomonie Fitness, year membership to the YMCA in Eau Claire, Avon, Party Lite, Mary Kay, many door prizes, etc.

Please help me spred the word. Thanks! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I will gladly answer any questions you may have. My contact information is listed above.

Kindest Regards,
Cindy Schlosser